Is it safe to check in LV luggage with your hotel?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Nov 10, 2019 at 3:20 AM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 4:38 AM
    Hello everyone!
    I recently purchased my first LV travel bag (Preloved Keepall 50) and I purchased it with the intent to use it as a weekender when I travel over the next few years. In February, I’ve planned a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada with some girls and planned on only taking the keepall as luggage. The only problem is my check out time is 11 a.m and my flight doesn’t leave until 10 p.m. What I’ve done in the past is simply check in my luggage at the hotel and the pick it up when I’m on my way to the airport. I’m a little concerned about leaving my keepall at the checked baggage for a couple hours and it being stolen. It’s too large for me to carry all afternoon. Should I ditch the idea of bringing my keepall and just go with a regular duffle or am I overthinking? Has anyone had this issue?

2. Hubby and I take trips to Vegas often and we typically take our Keepall 55. Never had a problem. I wouldn’t worry about it. Enjoy your trip!

LauraaBelieve likes this.
  3. Have you ever checked your bags when you check out of the hotel?

4. If it leaves you nervous/uncomfortable, don't bring a Keepall.

That said, yes you are overthinking this. I assume you're staying at an established, trusted (and quality) hotel? Then checking the bag is not riskier than leaving it in the room.

I've done this multiple times when late check out wasn't available, or when I arrived early.

If you're more comfortable leaving the bag in your room, ask the hotel for late check-out. (They will charge you for it.)

Then again, don't ruin your vacation over a bag. If it makes your uncomfortable, leave the Keepall in a place you consider safe.

Kind regards,
    Oliver

5. #5 Nov 10, 2019 at 6:40 AM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 7:48 AM
    I'd say go with a different luggage. I never leave my LV duffles at the checked baggage.

Grande Latte likes this.
  6. it should be fine, but if you're going to be worried about it, just leave it at home, it's just a bag, not worth the hassle. Also just beware that the hotel will treat your bag like any other bag, so if you like to 'baby' your bags or don't want it on the floor, don't expect the hotel personnel to treat it like you would.

7. Millions of people do that, including me. It’s no big deal. But if you feel nervous, simply bring no-brand luggage instead.

8. Overthinking it. I can assure you it won’t be the first keepall the hotel has checked.

IVANA<3, BrodyAlice and LemonDrop like this.
  9. To be honest, what you have inside is probably worth more than a preloved keepall 50. As long as it is locked securely, I would not give it a second thought. I gate check my Pegase roller bag, and have left my keepall in hotel storage dozens of times. It is luggage, after all.

10. I would bring a non-brand luggage if I were in your case. Checked out of a hotel, but have to check in a luggage. What a limbo.

Work_For_Purse likes this.
  11. #11 Nov 10, 2019 at 8:02 PM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 8:07 PM
    I understand the feeling of nervousness when leaving anything with anyone. If I were leaving checked bags with the front desk I'd be worried about leaving my iPad and LV SLGs in easily accessible pockets. It's understandable. However Las Vegas has cameras EVERYWHERE and there will be footage of you leaving your bags. If the bag is gone you'll have lots of proof you left it. There are probably cameras in the bag room just to cover the hotel. People could scam the hotel. Say items were stolen from their bags. I understand your worry but in a city like Las Vegas with cameras everywhere you have a lot of evidence if your bag ends up missing.

I say take it. Enjoy your Keepall, enjoy life, enjoy Vegas.

Penelopepursula and BrodyAlice like this.
  12. What's the point of buying luggage if you never plan on using it? There are tens of thousands of the same Keepall monograms/damiers on this earth. Theres nothing special about any regular Keepall.

shopgurl likes this.