is it possible???

biwsuke

material girl**
Jun 6, 2008
Hi,
I'm planning to purchase my first chanel next month (black cavier jumbo flap w/ ghw), but I'm curious if it is possible to pay part of it by cash and other part by credit card??

It's just that I still need to use the credit card to pay for other stuff throughout the month.
Is it gonna be weird doing that at Chanel?

It's not weird honey! I did that last month,my bill was way to high so I payed half in cash and half by my credit card! Why would that be weird? Just go and grab your bag... they don't mind how they'll get money!

haha, I'm just worry b/c I never buy the designer bags myself before (most of the time I have someone buy it for me). And the SA in my country is known for how they can be snobbish sometimes. well but I'm in Europe now, so I don't think this will be a problem! I'm just making sure. Can't wait for April (I'm banned until then)!

Yeah, no problem. You're the customer!!

And I've never seen anyone mind.

BTW the SAs didn't MAKE the bag, nor do they own it. They should either give you fabulous customer service, or just ring you up! That's it.

Be the proud and happy Chanel owner you are! :smile:

I think these days it's pretty common for people to spread big purchases over a few credit cards (I will be doing the same thing when I buy my first Chanel later this month). Usually it's not because someone can't afford something, but just the way we manage our finances. My fiance actually did the same thing with my engagement ring, over 4 credit cards, to take advantage of frequent flyer points : )

Of course you can ! Let me tell you something really weird and funny that I was told by someone who worked for LV for 15 years (and I guess it's the same for Chanel) : in Paris, one of her biggest client was the wife of a famous French business man who spent her time doing shopping and she regularly paid one third in cash, one third with her credit card and one third through a friend to whom she was writing a cheque later on, so that her husband couldn't know how much she was actually spending at LV every month !!! True !! :lolots::lolots: