Is it possible to walk out of H store without the orange paperbag?

It is definitely possible. I was just on Rodeo a week ago looking around and wanted to get something small however, I'm currently saving for a messenger bag to get next year and saw the Evelyn GM in blue-jean and OMG! Forget the small stuff I was going to get, I'd save the money to get the Evelyn GM.

ryomat - you are normal :biggrin:

rox_rocks - u r lucki:nuts:

zacaza - what if the shrink is one of us, addicted to orange oso

lulilu - so the SAs in Sg H store pretty ok, no pressure to buy but often I succumb to the force :graucho:

Ken-doll - that was exactly what I did when buying the birkin for Jadeite in Tokyo (i wasn't that hock on to H yet) Reason being I don't feel comfortable lugging a Big Orange Paperbag around, they gave me a black one which is of better quality than the H paperbag :P

Lilach - I am not sure if Singapore provide such service. Singapore is a small sunny island, the shops are all in town and it's really convenient to just sneak down even during lunch time, so you know my downfall now, easy accessibility to H stores :graucho:

Tamarind - :biggrin:

Hypoxia - The shipping idea is great, you order specifics and the ladies throw in some H catalogues, sample etc.

Boogee119 & LVKeepallfan - I wish I have your determination :smile:

I love this thread. its like each one of the many devils in my head are here. I've done the same thinking , that Im just popping in for a look and then I rationalise but still end up leaving the store with something!

Unfortunately, yes! I was in the Madison Ave. store today with a friend who had just
lost his job. I saw this perfect 30 Birkin etoupe with PHW and was uncomfortable
buying it in front of him. After we had lunch and he left two hours later, I called my
SA and it was GONE!

Did any of you buy it???

Robee, I used to be like you when I started out with H. Visitng the store often (like you, during lunch time) and never fail to leave the store with something. To the extent that I actually felt "obliged" to buy something H, even if it is a small item.

These days, I am more focus and will only visit the store if I have something to buy.

I think you're currently in what I would call a "honeymoon" period. Take time to enjoy the H-acquiring process.

Lilach - I am not sure if Singapore provide such service. Singapore is a small sunny island, the shops are all in town and it's really convenient to just sneak down even during lunch time, so you know my downfall now, easy accessibility to H stores :graucho:

And all 3 are so near to one another. It only takes a few mins to walk over to the other.:nogood:;)

^^ I totally agree! If you draw a triangle from the 3 stores I live/work where the lines intersect! Best way to walk out empty-handed is to bring SAs some goodies for them and then leave quickly!

Unfortunately, yes! I was in the Madison Ave. store today with a friend who had just
lost his job. I saw this perfect 30 Birkin etoupe with PHW and was uncomfortable
buying it in front of him. After we had lunch and he left two hours later, I called my
SA and it was GONE!

Did any of you buy it???
oh, that´s must have felt terrible. Couldn´t you have asked them to hold it for you for a few hours? Do that next time!

fortunately for me my closest H is in another country so I tend to only go there when I have something waiting there for me...I do tend to leave with more H items than what have been put aside for me though!

Kat

Last edited:
And all 3 are so near to one another. It only takes a few mins to walk over to the other.:nogood:;)

Singapore is so small all the luxury boutiques and their various outlets are only minutes walk from each other. Did not find what you wanted at one? Just stroll over to the other in less than 10 mins. Very dangerous at any time for the wallet!

Is it possible to walk out of H store without the orange paperbag?

The answer is yes, you can ask for the plain paperbag to hide your H purchase:graucho:

Hahahaha!! Too funny!:lol:

But seriously,and asnwering the original question...I started off not knowing quite what to buy,then with some education of a very knowledgeable friend I got the wanting something everytime I went in,then this passed and I have got more pared down in my choices and if a store doesn't have what I'm looking for now its easier to walk out without something.

Last edited:
I quite often leave empty handed. Unfortunately my budget does not allow for frequent H purchases, but if it did I probably would find it very difficult not to buy. However I do love to browse.

yes, only because i cannot afford to leave the shop everytime with a purchase!

if i do buy something, i only leave with the orange paperbag if the item is too big to put into the bag i was carrying then or if it's a present for someone else.