Is it possible to stretch a pair of leather Chanel flats to a half size larger?

Pinkachan

Oct 8, 2015
I'm wondering if this is possible to do? I got a really good deal on a pair of black leather Camellia flats in a 38.5, but sadly they're too small! They'd fit perfectly if they were just a half size larger. Is it possible to stretch them with a shoe stretcher? I've never used one before.

What type of leather are they? Maybe if it's lambskin you can, but if they're caviar or calfskin I'm not too sure if you can. I was able to stretch a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps half size by heating with a hair dryer with low/medium heat for about 30 seconds, and then wearing them with thick socks around the house. I did this a few times and it worked perfectly. I also purchased a shoe stretcher from amazon and kept them inside the shoes over night. Hth

What type of leather are they? Maybe if it's lambskin you can, but if they're caviar or calfskin I'm not too sure if you can. I was able to stretch a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps half size by heating with a hair dryer with low/medium heat for about 30 seconds, and then wearing them with thick socks around the house. I did this a few times and it worked perfectly. I also purchased a shoe stretcher from amazon and kept them inside the shoes over night. Hth

camellia_zpslfarjbf2.png

It's these shoes. They feel soft so I'm guessing lambskin but could be calfskin? I was just researching shoe stretching methods and did read about using a hair dryer and socks as well as putting baggies of water into each shoe and freezing them, but cannot imagine doing that! I think I'll give your method a shot and also look into buying a shoe stretcher.

Thanks for the info! :smile:

I stretch my own shoes all of the time using the wooden shoe stretchers ( you can find them at Amazon or wherever). Before I starting doing my own shoes, I would take them to a cobbler and they would stretch them. If you do it yourself, just make sure to put down a light piece of foam or a cloth to protect the foot bed ( the stretcher will often times leave an imprint on the inside leather of the shoe if you don't put down a light barrier). Also, I have heard there are sprays you can spray in your shoe and it stretches it out as you wear the shoe. The shoe stretchers work great though- I have a foot that is about half a size smaller than the other, and this always seems to work well for me.

I recently bought one of the sprays to make a pair of Vivier shoes a little larger and it worked. I will usually ask the shoe dept to stretch one shoe for me as my feet are a whole size different from each other and sometimes I have to buy the smaller size-they will always do it for me at no charge. Chanel flats are lined with leather, so they should stretch....

camellia_zpslfarjbf2.png

It's these shoes. They feel soft so I'm guessing lambskin but could be calfskin? I was just researching shoe stretching methods and did read about using a hair dryer and socks as well as putting baggies of water into each shoe and freezing them, but cannot imagine doing that! I think I'll give your method a shot and also look into buying a shoe stretcher.

Thanks for the info! :smile:

Wow these are adorable, I don't blame you for getting them :smile: it looks like lambskin, so I think half size is possible. Keep us posted on your outcome. Best of luck dear !!!

I saw a post on Feather Factor about stretching Chanel flats that were a half size too small. Here's the link: http://www.featherfactor.com/2011/03/what-i-go-through-for-the-perfect-fitting-shoe.html

Appreciate the link! The sock method seems to be popular, so will def. try it out.

I stretch my own shoes all of the time using the wooden shoe stretchers ( you can find them at Amazon or wherever). Before I starting doing my own shoes, I would take them to a cobbler and they would stretch them. If you do it yourself, just make sure to put down a light piece of foam or a cloth to protect the foot bed ( the stretcher will often times leave an imprint on the inside leather of the shoe if you don't put down a light barrier). Also, I have heard there are sprays you can spray in your shoe and it stretches it out as you wear the shoe. The shoe stretchers work great though- I have a foot that is about half a size smaller than the other, and this always seems to work well for me.

Really appreciate the tips! I read about the spray as well but was a little apprehensive about it possibly damaging the inside of the shoe? Am I being too paranoid? .. haha.

I recently bought one of the sprays to make a pair of Vivier shoes a little larger and it worked. I will usually ask the shoe dept to stretch one shoe for me as my feet are a whole size different from each other and sometimes I have to buy the smaller size-they will always do it for me at no charge. Chanel flats are lined with leather, so they should stretch....

I usually have no issues with shoe tightness. I generally wear a 39 in Chanel flats, but was hoping this particular pair would somehow run a little larger than a 38.5. It was wishful thinking on my part, but had to give them a shot since I've had my eye on them for months and they're MIB purchased secondhand.

Wow these are adorable, I don't blame you for getting them :smile: it looks like lambskin, so I think half size is possible. Keep us posted on your outcome. Best of luck dear !!!

Thanks! And yes, I'll be sure to give an update of my results! :smile:

So I've come to the sad truth that these are just too small for me. :sad: I didn't bother trying to stretch them w/ a shoe stretcher or any other method b/c I worried I could compromise the integrity of the shoe by trying to make them fit AND I want someone else who wears a true 38.5 to be able to enjoy them. I'm so bummed as I looked so long for these AND they were a final sale. I hate the process of reselling! >_<

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for your input and suggestions! I will definitely make use of the info in the future!

My hunt for a sz 39 continues!

So I've come to the sad truth that these are just too small for me. :sad: I didn't bother trying to stretch them w/ a shoe stretcher or any other method b/c I worried I could compromise the integrity of the shoe by trying to make them fit AND I want someone else who wears a true 38.5 to be able to enjoy them. I'm so bummed as I looked so long for these AND they were a final sale. I hate the process of reselling! >_<

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for your input and suggestions! I will definitely make use of the info in the future!

Aww sweetie I feel so bad for you. I'm sending you best wishes that you find your size 39 real soon.:hugs:

I would bring these to a professional and get their opinion before giving up. I do think it can be done....and I think it's pretty common.

Aww sweetie I feel so bad for you. I'm sending you best wishes that you find your size 39 real soon.:hugs:

Thanks for your best wishes!! :heart:

I would bring these to a professional and get their opinion before giving up. I do think it can be done....and I think it's pretty common.

Hmm, I'm reconsidering b/c I don't think I'll find another new pair. I've been searching shoe cobblers online and am having a tough time finding one in my area. I might have to drive out to LA or OC.

Thanks for your best wishes!! :heart:

Hmm, I'm reconsidering b/c I don't think I'll find another new pair. I've been searching shoe cobblers online and am having a tough time finding one in my area. I might have to drive out to LA or OC.

I recommend Arturro, he is in Beverly Hills-Nordstrom uses him for some stuff. You can give him a call-they have a website....