Is it possible to like Chanel without liking classics

I started out with cabas and then diagonal - neither "classic" bags, but I must say the lines of the classic are so nice and when I see them carried - I think they look very classy. You could get one in a nonconventional color!

I don't like the flap bags. I love the cambon line and the cabas is going to be my next bag once I decide which one. I like the bowler bags and shoulder bags seem more pratical to me. I think the style of the flap bags are elegant but a hassle to get in and out of your purse. My sister bought a medium (?) tan flap bag two years ago and I think she wore it 3 times.

I wondered about that too as I am not a fan of the flaps, thought they do scream Classic CHANEL. Maybe it's their size (too small, in my opinion) since I'm so tall. But, you can absolutely LOVE CHANEL without like the flaps. You can find your own unique look as there are so many styles to choose from; and that is a VERY good thing.

Same here...I don't care for the classic bags either.
Chanel stole my heart with the cambon ligne, and now i'm just like crazy over the diagonal and the rock and chain..imo it's so much younger, and less mommy-ish..

My first foray into Chanel was seeing a photo of Heather Locklear carrying the beige/black Cambon Reporter which ended up being my very first Chanel bag. I looked at that photo for three years knowing I would never be able to afford the $3175 price tag. When it went on 30% sale at NM last year I immediately sold two Chloe bags to purchase it!

I'm not a classic flap gal either. I had a Jumbo in caviar but found it too cumbersome to use. The flap is too stiff and I was always afraid of scratching the CC closure. I do love the styling - that was never an issue.

i am a girl's girl. I like flowery prints and floaty dresses and swishy skirts and high heels and tea parties and toile.

i am the exact opposite of you. i find the uber modern/slouchy bags a little icky!

But it's not one extreme or the other.
It's not either Classic Flap or 'uber modern/slouchy bags'.
Chanel has a TON in between.
I don't prefer a flap or the "uber modern/slouchy bags", my preference lies between:yes:

all aesthetic choices are completely subjective. what is slouchy to one is not slouchy to another. what is large to one is small to another. what is tacky to some is not flashy enough for another.

not worth arguing about. point is we all have our style, and we see chanel (and its bags) through our lens of aesthetic judgment.

do what you love, and don't let anybody else try to fit you into their categories, or make you feel like you have misstated/inadequately formed your opinion about what is or is not attractive/appealing.

Who says that you have to like all the bags in a house's line? Or that you have to like the iconic looks? You can be a fan of just one line, or even just one style of bag. I like my Chanel bags to have "classic" elements like a CC charm or clasp, or a chain strap. And I appreciate the flap, but just can't see it for everyday use (at least for myself.)