Is it possible to get replacement hangtags?

twinmom04

Jun 7, 2007
While just perusing eBay earlier this afternoon I came upon a deal on a Poppy Khaki/Gold Groovy and got it for $50! Looking at the pics I am 100% positive it is the real deal but the only problem with it was the seller had lost the hangtags. So this lead me to wonder if I could buy some replacements for it straight from Coach??? This is the first Coach bag I have bought off eBay - I usually just use eBay to "window shop" LOL but I couldn't pass up this deal! Anyone been in a similar situation? TIA!

Congrats on your score. That's a great price for the Groovy!

You can call JAX and request replacement hangtags, but they don't usually have the "specialty" hangtags in stock, such as the large plastic one and small purple patent one that came with the khaki/gold Groovy (the one with the two buttons on the front pocket, not the zipper. I don't recall which hangtags came with the zipper pocket version). They'll just send you a "generic" hang tag, so you might get a gold metal hangtag.
1-800-444-3611
M-F 8am - 11pm EST
Sat 9am - 7pm EST
SUN 11am - 7pm EST

Thanks Happy! I was totally thrilled with the score as I only bought the bag so to save on another - that and every time my daughter saw this one (she's 5 and already loves bags LOL) she thought it was "so cute". Do you know what the charge is for the replacements through JAX? I did a quick search on eBay and found what I believe to be a close match to the tags that should have been on the bag (this one was a large plastic and a small turq., they were $17 shipped) and was thinking about going after those. I was just hesitant to call in case I was asked about how I acquired the bag since I didn't do it in store and have my name already attached to it, KWIM? I probably shouldn't sweat the no hangtags but I just like things to be *complete* LOL

YW! Coach sends the replacement hangtag free of charge. They'll ask you for the full style number from the creed including the letters and numbers before and after the dash, and I don't recall them asking me from where I got the bag.

OTOH, since it's free of charge they don't guarantee you'll get the exact tags for your bag, you don't know what you're going to get until it arrives, and you may not receive it for several weeks. That's "free of charge" for ya ;)

The phone associate can pull up the bag style info based on the full style number along with the hangtag info for that style. Coach no longer asks customers to register their bags. TMK they haven't done so since they switched from assigning a unique serial number to each bag years ago. They can't tell who bought the bag based solely on the modern style number.

I have a khaki/gold Groovy, and the original tags are transparent purple with gold glitter and patent purple, like the ones in this auction (NMA): http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-POPPY...399234375?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags#ht_7952wt_911. Oddly enough, the bag's lining is turquoise so a turquoise tag might make more sense, LOL! If you're a stickler for this sort of thing and plan to use a different tag, look for one with gold hardware to match the bag's hardware, so that it looks like the hangtag was supposed to go with this bag all along! :smile:

Last edited: