Is it possible to get a new clochette? Help with my stained LE!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, I used my LE Speedy Argent for the first time and accidentally got it stained with the dye of my blue jeans! The clochette (the bell keyholder) got a really bad color transfer. I am wondering if anybody bought a replacement clochette and how much it will cost. Please help! :cry:

2. I'm sure you can definitely get a new clochette and shouldn't be too expensive as it's just a spare part... Hopefully someone should chime in with some more specifics!

3. MacBook, I have read threads here about people having clochettes replaced, so I'm sure it's possible. No idea what the cost is though but maybe if you do a search you could get an idea. :smile:

4. Do you have any pictures ?

5. In my desperation, I tried using a white eraser and it did the trick! Last night I was able to rub the blue jean dye off my clochette!!!!! :yahoo:

I should have taken pics before and after, but I was not thinking straight and was really desperate. So Ayla, I was not able to take good pics. After the white eraser, it still was not back to its original state (looked a little dirty), but was much improved than before. My DH said that I was the only one who sees the dirt/dye right now. I may still get a new clochette if the price is right.

6. They use an eraser in LV to clean up smudges and markings.

7. I would also try asking for a new one too.

8. Hi, I just came from my local LV store to inquire. The SA told me that it will cost $70 for the replacement clochette, but will take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to arrive. She also offered to try cleaning mine with their "special tools" to see if the dye can be removed further.