Is it possible to find out information of a bag from the receipt?

tikinew

Nov 3, 2009
Hi Guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to check the information of the Chanel Bag from the receipt. Apparently I am not able to identify the bag on the receipt as the serial no. is not printed.

Is there anyway to find out if a particular bag is bought from that boutique?
I mean since the receipt does not display the serial no. of the bag, how does ones knows if the bag came from the boutique?

Thanks,
Rach

Attachments

• chanels.jpg
    chanels.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 1,971
Unfortunately, store receipts do not print the serial number of the hologram sticker. Chanel has absolutely NO system of tracking serial numbers. The only way to show proof that a particular bag came from a particular store is by leaving the paper tag intact. In your case, the BG receipt appears to have a number that would cross reference to the number on the paper tag. I've never bought anything from BG though.

I do have receipts from US boutiques showing the serial nos. of the bags.

Is this a recent thing? None of my receipts contain serial number of the hologram sticker. I stopped purchasing bags from Chanel Boutique last March and my recent buys were August 2009 from NM and there are no serial numbers. Only the 13 digit bar code number is on the receipt.

Looks like someone bought a lot of bags, LOL!! :nuts: The boutiques receipts over here show the style codes on the receipt, but no serial numbers.

Like Sophie said, the only way to find out is to compare the number on the paper tag with the number on the BG receipt.

attachment.php

Any SA should be able to type in the SKU number form the receipt into the register under the item look-up function. This will tell them the designer and model of the handbag, not the serial number.

You see in the 1st invoice. It shows the serial no. of my camera bag.

I notice that in the 2nd invoice, it doesn' show any serial no. I also can't find serial no. in aonther invoice of mine. Both of these invoices were issued by another stores which my SA were not from.

So I guess I can conclude that if the bag is from the store of your own SA, the invoice will show the serial no. of your bag. But if the bag is transferred from another store and not from your SA's store, the invoice won't show the serial no. of the bag.

Attachments

• IMAGE_756.jpg
    IMAGE_756.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,307
  • IMAGE_757.jpg
    IMAGE_757.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,076
^ Thanks for posting that nscwong! I've never seen that before. Learned something from tPF today.

But I've purchased from the Chanel boutique with my own SA & there's no serial number on my receipt. That was back in '08. Wonder if it's changed more recently or if it's just from certain Chanel stores?

Interesting. I have a feeling it's per store. My mom's last Charge send from Chanel Boutique in Boston to SCP did not have the serial number on the receipt. This transaction was done May of last year.