Alexander Wang is it possible to dye a marti bag

vornado

O.G.
Sep 21, 2011
good morning all, I have an electric blue marti bag, is it possible to dye it to black?

I read some threads here about dyeing a bag (chanel, balenciaga, etc), and some said that bags became stiff after dyeing. I just worried I would ruin my bag.

so does anyone here dye a marti bag or other AW bags? is it a good idea to dye it to black?

Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

good morning all, I have an electric blue marti bag, is it possible to dye it to black?

I read some threads here about dyeing a bag (chanel, balenciaga, etc), and some said that bags became stiff after dyeing. I just worried I would ruin my bag.

so does anyone here dye a marti bag or other AW bags? is it a good idea to dye it to black?

Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

Personally I wouldn't try it. I'd be worried the washed leather wouldn't dye evenly. Leave it to the professionals or sell the blue and buy a black!

You are in luck, girlfriend! I bought a beat up ivory Marti backpack on eBay and dyed it black! I'll be honest, I'm a very crafty person, and don't mind getting my hands dirty, but this was A LOT of work and took a lot of time. The Marti has way too many crevices and zips and whatnot. Do I love the outcome? YES! Would I dye this specific bag again? NOPE! I'll attach some pics. Most people are shocked when I tell them that I dyed it myself. It turned out perfectly! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467318523.741913.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467318549.089665.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467318574.378643.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1467318591.497715.jpg

You are in luck, girlfriend! I bought a beat up ivory Marti backpack on eBay and dyed it black! I'll be honest, I'm a very crafty person, and don't mind getting my hands dirty, but this was A LOT of work and took a lot of time. The Marti has way too many crevices and zips and whatnot. Do I love the outcome? YES! Would I dye this specific bag again? NOPE! I'll attach some pics. Most people are shocked when I tell them that I dyed it myself. It turned out perfectly! View attachment 3396211
View attachment 3396212 View attachment 3396213 View attachment 3396214

Fantastic job, wow! Now, you have the washed leather, there's also a distressed leather that's a bit stiffer and not as porous, so I'm not sure the outcome would be the same on that type. But congrats for your patience 'cause there's no way that's an easy dye job!

Thanks! The leather is a small bit stiffer but still very very soft. I've been using it everyday now and still no color transfer or any other problems! It's like getting a new bag, I love it. I got the idea and instructions from this She dyes a hard/stiff AW bag from white to black. I used all of the same supplies.