Is it possible to change your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there has to be a pretty good reason like you used your real name as your screen name but decided to be a little more safe but using something that isn;t your real name. Megs or Vlad or one of the mods should be able to tell you.

Please do a search, you'll find a thread getting the official answer from Vlad in it. But it's pretty much no. He won't do it unless it has seriously private info included in it.

I would really like to change my username, and after checking the threads I pm'd Vlad twice about it (I think that's what you're supposed to do to change your username) but nothing has happened. I totally get if Vlad is too busy to deal with something menial like this, but would it be possible to allow tPFers to change their usernames on their own?

no, no one can.
Vlad has announced several times in this Forum though that he won't grant gratuitous name changes, only if there's personal info in your screenname will he change it.

That would probably cause chaos if we allowed people to change their name whenever they want.

He may not have responded because he doesn't see it very relevant. We typically only change user names if someone registers and the name is their full name, last name, etc.

Hi guys...I don't know if am posting this in the right place, but could not find any other that seems appropriate.

If you change your user name, does all your feedback disappear, or do the Mods transfer it to your new name? are you considered a brand new member, or can you just say in your Avatar, (f/k/a _________________) ??

TIA! :smile:

I emailed Vlad to change my user name because yes, it is my real first name. I even said this on my email.

I have had some problems with someome from my past and with them looking me up and even so much as coming to my house that they had to pay to get the address :sad:

I haven't heard back from Vlad.

Last edited:
Plus I am 99% sure that I saw a name change recently of someone who became a mod on one of the subofurms and it didint look like it was a change removing sensible details :sad: Lets just say if someone wants to do it, it would be very easy to get access to my address and so on by using my name here. When I joined here I only wanted to authenticate one bag, I never thought I would be using it on daily basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.