Is it ok to wear my jumbo classic flap with silver HW with gold things?

My wedding band is platinum with two thin wavy bands of yellow gold inlaid in the platinum. Thus solves the issue of gold only, silver only -- or both. I don't think a mix of hardware and jewelry or hardware and shoes would make for a "Glamour" don't.

I like the hardware to match as well. I think you can "get away" with it maybe when it's not so obvious, but with the gold shoes (you mean actual gold leather, not just a little gold buckle?) and all the silvery chains on a jumbo bag, I don't think it looks right. Lately, I'm not even sure I would wear a gold chain on a grey top...I think white metal would look better, but perhaps I'm obsessing!:roflmfao:

I like to mix, I'm tired of matchy matchy......today I wore jeans with a long blue tank, green zip up, and purple marc jacobs shoes with silver studs on them and then and LV bag with brass hardware....lol, it looked totally cute though.

I asked the same question in my Chanel Boutique, the SA said it is very Chanel to mix hardware. Personally though i have 2 black medium caviar flaps, one with G/H one with S/H as i personally don't like to see the 2 mixed!

You will be able to tell if it's too much of a clash. I think shoes are fine, but as someone mentioned earlier, something like a gold dress might look a bit odd (unless you do the whole two-tone jewelry bit). That's just my humble opinion!

Absolutely! The hardware on most CHanel bags isn't too much silver so mixing and matching is fine. I do it all the time. A lot with my LV Suhali since it only came in gold. And that bag is blingy! But people tend to notice my bag before my accessories anyway....haha after they see the Chanel it doesn't matter what the rest of me is wearing.

David Yurman's jewelry is a beautiful mix of silver and gold metals, so I don't think it is a big deal to mix metals. If done right, it looks fine.

-Stephanie