Is it normal to panic?? I spent how much money???

Thank you lovelies for your encouragement and kind words :hugs:
I think I will enjoy this beauty as frequently as possible. I’m going to need to find handle protection from some neutral twillies so the pink piping can pop (alliteration unintentional haha).
And yes, I am already thinking of the next color I will get....a 25 in rose pourpre or graphite or a 35 in étain all sound delicious.

giphy.gif

Thank you lovelies for your encouragement and kind words
I think I will enjoy this beauty as frequently as possible. I’m going to need to find handle protection from some neutral twillies so the pink piping can pop (alliteration unintentional haha).
And yes, I am already thinking of the next color I will get....a 25 in rose pourpre or graphite or a 35 in étain all sound delicious.
Seems like you’re reconciled to it now, if you’re considering your next purchase! :giggle:

It’s totally normal to feel a shock at first. I lessened the blow by selling unused bags. I can either have 2-3 $3000-$4500 bags that I don’t use ever or 1 truly amazing one.

Now, if I didn’t have these 2-3 bags to unload and purchased the Birkin outright from funds sitting in my bank, then I think I would totally feel the psychological hit more.

View attachment 4273872 View attachment 4273873 Well this is an interesting development. I just received my Birkin, and I must say I am a bit disappointed. Although extremely lightweight and thin leather, it is almost to the point of feeling cheap. I am not sure if this is worth $17,000. I may have to send her back.
So sorry to hear this. Chèvre is very light weight and has a different feel than what you may be used to.

If you don't LOVE it, RETURN it! Don't keep this bag if it doesn't make you swoon. Best to wait for something to come along that really makes your heart skip a beat.

Keep us posted!

So sorry to hear this. Chèvre is very light weight and has a different feel than what you may be used to.

If you don't LOVE it, RETURN it! Don't keep this bag if it doesn't make you swoon. Best to wait for something to come along that really makes your heart skip a beat.

Keep us posted!

Totally agree with @Txoceangirl ! If you don’t absolutely love it, send it back. To spend $17k on something you are unsure of is totally not worth it!

View attachment 4273872 View attachment 4273873 Well this is an interesting development. I just received my Birkin, and I must say I am a bit disappointed. Although extremely lightweight and thin leather, it is almost to the point of feeling cheap. I am not sure if this is worth $17,000. I may have to send her back.

Wow I was going to say it looks even more
stunning in your pics than the online pics u had posted earlier. Chevre leather is a popular choice for special orders. It is not often available for medium size bags like b30 without special order. It has a nice sheen and is lightweight. However, no matter how exclusive this bag is, this is an expensive purchase. If you are not absolutely in love with the bag I would return it. Maybe you would prefer a b30 in different leather like togo or clemence if u think chevre is too thin?

Last edited:
You’ll get lots of advice here, and I’m certain you’ll make your own decision, but unless carrying it makes you feel like a million $, or $17k is not material to you, then I’d say return it. Yes, it does look nice, but with more than 100 others in your wardrobe I expect you have “nice” covered. I buy H because of how it makes me feel.

Are you comfortable using this bag? Carrying it around? If you're, then you're good.
Best return to your "investment" is use the bag as much as you can - not kept into closet being too scared to use it (unless it's one of those collectables like Himalaya Birkin).

I think I was expecting something slouchier. I am not too formal. It’s a beautiful lightweight bag - lightweight being extremely important to me. I finally garnered the courage to add my wallet and small key and makeup pouches and model it in front of a mirror. It has a bit more weight this way and is beginning to appeal more to the Birkin angel whispering on my shoulder. I think the colors of this bag are versatile for times when I need a neutral bag, yet a pop of color. On one hand, I want the bag to soften and slouch a little more. On the other hand, I don’t want to ruin the bag’s resale value in case I decide to sell in the future. Further comments are much appreciated to assist me in my decision as to keep or return.

Last edited:
Reactions: carlinha