is it NormAL for paddingtons???????

ivyle

its jes my opinion..
O.G.
Apr 30, 2008
i notice that the big Chloe lock is starting not to lock in,,,i had turned the ring over and over trying soo hard to snap it but it still wont work! do i have to open it up and fix it??? and also the 4 screw metal button behind the plate,,is starting to get loosen,,will it fall out what should i do is that all normal wear? why are the bags made that wayy or is it their craftsmanship defect???

i notice that the big Chloe lock is starting not to lock in,,,i had turned the ring over and over trying soo hard to snap it but it still wont work! do i have to open it up and fix it??? and also the 4 screw metal button behind the plate,,is starting to get loosen,,will it fall out what should i do is that all normal wear? why are the bags made that wayy or is it their craftsmanship defect???

Doesn't sound normal to me! If you bought it from a store, is there any chance you have the receipt and could take it back to them to get them to fix it for you?

There's always this thread by our lovely Acshih that might be able to help with the padlock issue:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe-shopping/padlock-repair-anatomy-of-a-padlock-220839.html

I would suggest that you take it back to the store though if you can and see if they can help you about the metal plate :yes:

this ounds very normal i bought my aubergine with a faulty lock, you need to open it up and reposition the little spring as this is what makes the padlock work!
also i have heard about the plates coming loose, this is only some thing chloe cxan sort out, you need to take it back where you got it from and ask them to fix it!

this ounds very normal i bought my aubergine with a faulty lock, you need to open it up and reposition the little spring as this is what makes the padlock work!
also i have heard about the plates coming loose, this is only some thing chloe cxan sort out, you need to take it back where you got it from and ask them to fix it!

haha, I'm terrified to use my locks on my paddies now! :P
I usually keep one side of the bag locked at all times, but I'll still watch out for this problem happening, if it's a common thing I'll probably need to fix it at some point.

So glad Acshih posted a how to guide!:tup:

I have 4 paddingtons and to be honest have never even attempted unlocking them in the first place. They could all be broken and i would never know. I leave them on permanently and don't every really tamper with them. I see them as more ornamental than functional. Although in your case if the bag is new - I'd look into fixing it or getting a new one.

I had that trouble w/ my paddy...i would have to kind of jiggle it and maneuver it around to make it lock..it took quite awhile sometimes. Kinda stressful! I was always afraid of breaking it! But it never did.

yes thats right,,,i had already checked my other paddingtons lol' im afraid to open and close them,,will try not to do it so tooo much b4 something happens.....

I usually take the padlocks off my bags and stick it in the front opening before I put the bags away in the dust bag for a while (like over a day or two), but I'm going to stop doing that now so I don't break the padlock!

I'll leave it on the bag and maybe just wrap it in tissue paper or something when I'm storing it. :yes:

I've had that with my 2005 choc paddy after I'd given it to my mother; I hadn't opened the long for a long time. When she tried to open it it didn't work. We actually had to take the screws out, something inside was all wrong, but we could fix it ourselves. But if you can get it to a chloe store that'd be better; I surely wouldn't have touched the lock if I'd had the chance to take it to a store (there's no Chloe store in the Netherlands)