Is it normal for a Bearn Wallet missing a blindstamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluBiE

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I want to share my curiosity about Bearn wallet.
I recently just purchased a Pink Epsom Bi-Fold Gusset Bearn Wallet from an H-Store.
It has the silver Hermes Paris Made in France Stamp,
But i couldnt find the blindstamp anywhere on it.
(and i already to look very very very closely)
I've looked inside the zippered compartment on the side of the V-shaped leather, but still I found nothing.
Is this a defect?
Should I return the wallet?
Please enlightened me with your kind thoughts..

Hi there..I don't think your BEARN is missing a blindstamp..the stamp for the bearn has been changed to the interior of the long compartments from my experience. (I was looking for the stamp on mine at the V of the zippered compartment at first too ;) )

H have changed the place they put the blindstamp. This has been raised before. I had the same issue and took my back to the SA in FSH who advised me of the change. I will PM you as I'm not sure we should share this info on the forum as it just helps those that make the fake products

Reactions: markcoia84
Thanks for the reply everyone.
Yes, even i called my SA at the H-store and she cant answer this either.
She told me that some H leather goods might have or might NOT have a blindstamp.
But all of my other H leather goods (including leather bracelets) have the blindstamp.
This is my first H wallet, so Im not too familiar with the blindstamp issue.

If I were you, I would not worry too much about a blindstamp unless you were planning to sell it in the future............ Honestly, I have never looked for a blindstamp when I purchase any of my H items from the boutiques.................

BluBie, I did PM you as to where Hermes have moved the blindstamp to. I don't think we should make this sort of info general knowledge as it just helps those making fake goods

If the wallet is for your own use, I would not worry too much about the missing blindstamp. After all, the craftsmen/women can easily identify a real H product during spa whether or not it has a blindstamp. It's really more for our peace of mind than theirs.

I agree with sydspy on this. The blindstamp is what identifies what year it was made and who by. If an item is purchased from an H boutique I don't understand why it would matter what the blindstamp is, where it is, or if you can even find it, as it makes no difference to anything functional.

If I were you, I would not worry too much about a blindstamp unless you were planning to sell it in the future............ Honestly, I have never looked for a blindstamp when I purchase any of my H items from the boutiques.................

Status
Not open for further replies.