Is it normal for a Bearn Wallet missing a blindstamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluBiE

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I want to share my curiosity about Bearn wallet.
I recently just purchased a Pink Epsom Bi-Fold Gusset Bearn Wallet from an H-Store.
It has the silver Hermes Paris Made in France Stamp,
But i couldnt find the blindstamp anywhere on it.
(and i already to look very very very closely)
I've looked inside the zippered compartment on the side of the V-shaped leather, but still I found nothing.
Is this a defect?
Should I return the wallet?
Please enlightened me with your kind thoughts..

May 6, 2007
many small items have the blind stamp in a very very obscure place--on occasion it is missing. i have three bearns: the stamp is usually inside the zipper change pocket on the inside of the outer flap when unzipped (if that makes sense)

Reactions: Joyceshing

ysl01

Nov 10, 2008
Hi there..I don't think your BEARN is missing a blindstamp..the stamp for the bearn has been changed to the interior of the long compartments from my experience. (I was looking for the stamp on mine at the V of the zippered compartment at first too ;) )

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
H have changed the place they put the blindstamp. This has been raised before. I had the same issue and took my back to the SA in FSH who advised me of the change. I will PM you as I'm not sure we should share this info on the forum as it just helps those that make the fake products

pamella

Hermes, Je T'aime
O.G.
Mar 16, 2009
I just checked my Epsom Bern which is about one month old and I can't find the blindstamp on mine either.

BluBiE

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Thanks for the reply everyone.
Yes, even i called my SA at the H-store and she cant answer this either.
She told me that some H leather goods might have or might NOT have a blindstamp.
But all of my other H leather goods (including leather bracelets) have the blindstamp.
This is my first H wallet, so Im not too familiar with the blindstamp issue.

sydspy

Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
If I were you, I would not worry too much about a blindstamp unless you were planning to sell it in the future............ Honestly, I have never looked for a blindstamp when I purchase any of my H items from the boutiques.................

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
Near an orange box
BluBie, I did PM you as to where Hermes have moved the blindstamp to. I don't think we should make this sort of info general knowledge as it just helps those making fake goods

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
in an orange box
If the wallet is for your own use, I would not worry too much about the missing blindstamp. After all, the craftsmen/women can easily identify a real H product during spa whether or not it has a blindstamp. It's really more for our peace of mind than theirs.

Sep 12, 2008
I agree with sydspy on this. The blindstamp is what identifies what year it was made and who by. If an item is purchased from an H boutique I don't understand why it would matter what the blindstamp is, where it is, or if you can even find it, as it makes no difference to anything functional.

If I were you, I would not worry too much about a blindstamp unless you were planning to sell it in the future............ Honestly, I have never looked for a blindstamp when I purchase any of my H items from the boutiques.................

Status
Not open for further replies.