Is it me....

ITA. :yes: I've worked in retail and have gotten yelled at (by the customer) for greeting them within the first minute they walk in. I've also gotten yelled at (again, by angry customers) for not greeting them. It's hard.
Whoa, they do seem hard to please. :sweatdrop: How could someone simply yelled at people for greeting them? :Push: Or yelled at people and demand to be greeeted? So rude, I just can't imagine. :shrugs: What's the exact thing they say?

Anyway, there was once (not at LV) I went into a boutique and EVERY single SAs in there greeted me in a loud and super enthusiastic tone I was kinda stunned and embarrassed coz everyone was like staring at me as I entered the boutique. Apparently, they greet every customers that way, but I prefer something more discreet. I could do without those attention. Lol... :shame: :P

I believe that if you're new to the store or not regularly visiting, it's quite common to actually ASK for help when you need it. I know this differs from country to country (in France f.ex. if you're not greeting on entering do not expect good customer service later on =P), but if US is anything like here, you'll have to make a certain contact like CEC.LV4eva mentioned. Often they just greet you politely and short and leave you untill you have questions though, and I think that's the best way to do it. Even though I mostly require more help when I shop. :yes:

It never happened to me in the US. I agree with some of the girls that sometimes they are not sure if they should bother our browsing...but at least when they see me, they will say welcome or good morning or whatever plus
let us know if you need help.

Then they will let me browse for a while.

The older lady might be a frequent customer and the SAs might know her well already.

I once had a SA insist that Damier Azur I asked to see in their book wasn't something that LV was going to release. And that I must have seen a fake online. WTF? This was just one month prior to Azur line being released. I think she was either not knowledgeable about upcoming releases or just testing me. Now I go into the store and walk straight up to a SA and ask for help. But I agree with others that SAs should at least greet you with a friendly smile or a hello.

I think sometimes SAs debate on whether you want to be "bothered" or not. Sometimes they're overbearing and follow you all around the store, others act like the ones you encountered and are just there if you need them, but don't really bother with greetings. I think it's hard to find a happy medium sometimes..I'm not saying I agree with their tactics but I know when I go into a store, sometimes I'd just rather be left alone until I'd like to look at something closer or actually buy something.

I agree, I think that the SAs have to decide which to do.

I think sometimes SAs debate on whether you want to be "bothered" or not. Sometimes they're overbearing and follow you all around the store, others act like the ones you encountered and are just there if you need them, but don't really bother with greetings. I think it's hard to find a happy medium sometimes..I'm not saying I agree with their tactics but I know when I go into a store, sometimes I'd just rather be left alone until I'd like to look at something closer or actually buy something.

I agree. This is why I try not to get offended if they don't say anything and I want them to, or if they do say something and I don't want them to!! They can't read minds...but they sure as heck should say hello!