Is it "Less is More" or "the More the Merrier" for You?

I know I've asked this before, but do clutches count? :shame: They, along with the enamel bracelets seem to be my weak spot and I just can't say no to them. With most other things, I can sort of take a step back and think it over. Sort of....

I started the closet cleaning process last fall by getting rid of all my non-Hermes bags so I've at least taking the first step but when it comes to my clutches and bracelets, well I don't want to, lol. I don't use half of them like I should but when I do, it's on the perfect occasion and I enjoy them even more. It makes it more special if that makes any sense.

Now when it comes to shoes....well, I'm not touching that one! :lol:

It's really difficult to know what you will hold on to forever. Forever is a long time hopefully. I have been whittling my collection down a great deal with tremendous help from the kind members of tPF...including you Millstream...so what's up? I think you are very smart in knowing what to keep/not keep and are doing a fine job! If you are not wearing a certain bag/scarf then why keep it. It not only takes up space in your closet but it also takes up space in the back of your mind and that can be irritating at times. I think that feeing up bags/wardrobe is an ongoing production as we change. Our taste changes as we mature. Oh...BTW...what are those charms you have? That is not you at all...at least not now.

I must admit that 'less is more' is for me....I just want to be able use the wonderful Hermes items I purchase.
I'm not sure if I can say that for shoes though....I can 'rid' myself of pairs that are ordinary but not those fab Choos or Manolos!!!

I can't afford the More, the Merrier.

Just recently I acquired 5 pieces, and I know they all have their uses - business meeting, casual outing, formal events, and the only missing use is evening. I am taking up Hermes as an investment as much as a pleasure acquisition.

I think getting a croc would seal my H collection. I don't need many different colors. I pretty much have all the leathers, sizes, colors I want except a Rigide Kelly croc.

A Rigide Kelly croc.

Or two.

Or three. :roflmfao:

But seriously, after having one of a type of Hermes, it's easier to be rational and to turn things down afterwards.

i'm dipping my toe into the Less is More pool. Not sure if I am ready to dive in yet, but I've been mulling it over. i mean, how many croc and ostrich bags does a girl need? seriously? I had the basics, I tried a little color. Now I'm ready to refine. But slowly.

This is a terrific thread -

I am obsessed with H bags. I find the more I have the more I want. It is terrible. I just LOVE them. As I get older I think I will find that less is more. I do get overwhelmed choosing which bag to carry and rotating them can be a pain but I cannot complain.

As far as selling bags - where do you guys sell them? ebay? Is there a way to buy and sell through tpf?

I'm leaning towards 'less is more'. I was born and raised in the US but after living in France for a while, I've learned to appreciate a smaller group of really wonderful items over piles of mediocre things.

I have trouble controlling my American accumulating impulse but I've gotten so much better. My DH(born and bred Parisian) might argue otherwise but I *know* how awful I used to be.

This is a timely thread as I'm in the process of thinning the herd right now. Bags, jewelry, books etc. Most things I donate but the pricier things I hope to sell or trade towards another H piece or two.

I'm so hooked on Hermes already (sighs) but the prices will keep me in line.:lol: I'm feeling like maybe my Chloe, YSL, LV etc pieces were too easy to obtain and so I wasn't totally in love & just started accumulating willy-nilly- semi-conscious of it all. hmm.:s

I think that I will be satisfied with just a handful of bags. I have a 35 Birkin,(chocolat) tpm Garden Party(vermillion),27 Bolide(etoupe) and a pm Picotin(vert anis/orange). The last two were impulse buys at the Madison store last week. I have a croc Kelly(graphite) coming and I think that a Lindy,Constance,and a larger Bolide will do it for me.
I just started with Hermes this year;and I am stunned!!! I have NEVER felt such compulsion to buy anything before. I am even dreaming about it!!!

I think that I will be satisfied with just a handful of bags. I have a 35 Birkin,(chocolat) tpm Garden Party(vermillion),27 Bolide(etoupe) and a pm Picotin(vert anis/orange). The last two were impulse buys at the Madison store last week. I have a croc Kelly(graphite) coming and I think that a Lindy,Constance,and a larger Bolide will do it for me.
I just started with Hermes this year;and I am stunned!!! I have NEVER felt such compulsion to buy anything before. I am even dreaming about it!!!

Me too!:shrugs::upsidedown::lol:

As far as selling bags - where do you guys sell them? ebay? Is there a way to buy and sell through tpf?

There is a marketplace on tPF, but it's invite only and apparently rather full at the moment? Lots of people waiting to be "let in".
I have noticed that lots of people contact other tPFers via email if they want to sell a bag and know that either that person wants one like it -or- that person sells on eBay/a consignment store/their own website/whatever.

There is a marketplace on tPF, but it's invite only and apparently rather full at the moment? Lots of people waiting to be "let in".
I have noticed that lots of people contact other tPFers via email if they want to sell a bag and know that either that person wants one like it -or- that person sells on eBay/a consignment store/their own website/whatever.

Is there a list here of reputable businesses that buy bags and/or do consignment or even trade-in?

I've been wanting to pare down my unruly collection for a while but I'm not sure where/how to start.

If anyone has any leads or suggestions, please PM me. TIA.

Less is more.

I'm not into the whole "buying the same bag but in different colours" thing.

On the other hand, I can't get enough of the Kelly Double Tour bracelets. :love:

Dear Ms. Millstream:

Oh, I've just spoken to my DH 5min ago that I was going to clean my closet and get rid of some un-attended bags and then I read your thread, this is so co-incident!!!

I guess in my case, I am needing to go with less is MORE w/o any choice (running out of room in the existing 4 closets and need to save).....:crybaby: