Is it kind of rank to tie a Twilly around a non-H bag?

ocmommy

Birkinstalker
O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
I was browsing hermes the other day and realized that I love the look of a sweet little Twilly tied to the handle of a handbag. However, I certainly don't want to do this if it is something reserved for a Birkin/Kelly/etc. :smile:

Can I do this without looking silly?

Thanks!!!

Oh my gosh, I asked this a while ago too! Tie away, tie scarves on everything! I would tie one on DH if he let me, but he won't even let the fly-fishing one near him.

no, no, no and no! it is NOT rank! slavish adherance to labels is BORING -- use what you like, how you like it. tie you twilly on your non-name bag if you like.

and as i always advise, if anyone gives you a look like you shouldn't have, whack 'em with your twilly-embellished bag. such is the treatment that clods warrant.

Awesome! Thanks to most of you for your very polite and friendly replies. :love:

I am not trying to overthink things, but I also didn't want to do anything that was kind of a time-honored Hermes "thing". Like anything, there is a learning curve that not all of us are on the down-swing of.

Well, I guess we all know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow!:drool: I will spare you all a big, dramatic unveiling. :smile: We'll save that for when I bring home a BIG orange box. :graucho:

I also plan to buy my husband the silver punched money clip for our anniversary, so this will be a little something for me, too. :smile:

Thanks!!!

Oh my gosh, I asked this a while ago too! Tie away, tie scarves on everything! I would tie one on DH if he let me, but he won't even let the fly-fishing one near him.

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

ETA: And I LOVE DQ's brilliant but violent advice as quoted below. Seriously, DQ! Don't forget you're a poet! You're supposed to be a sensitive shrinking violet, unless you're aiming for Byronesque status, then I guess go ahead and start whacking people.

and as i always advise, if anyone gives you a look like you shouldn't have, whack 'em with your twilly-embellished bag. such is the treatment that clods warrant.

Have fun with your new twilly, OCM!

Well, I did it! I popped down to my SCP Hermes boutique and decided on the Bolduc au Carre in the black/white/gray/beige colorway. :smile:

I immediately tied it on my newest Fall darling, the Tracy Reese in Cecily. It looks absolutely adorable, and I am really happy with my first humble Hermes purchase. :love:

Twillys are like a gateway drug, aren't they? I'm in big trouble now, I can already tell. ;) I even have my eye on the ballerina pocket square in the orange colorway. Also very cute. :smile:

Thank for the help!