Is it just me?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Other than bags and other stuff, I sell jeans. I had a pair of jeans that had the fabric content of 98% cotton & 2% Spandex. The jeans were not marked "Stretch" jeans, but I'm guessing that when there is Spandex in the content they have some stretch to it. I got this from my buyer today:

"I have just received a pair of jeans from you. These are stretch jeans which were not advertised on the auction. I can not wear stretch jeans, I am sorry. The auction mentions 2% spandex 98% cotton which is the composition of regular jeans including every pair my husband owns. For that reason I would like to return them for a refund. If there was something on the auction about stretch jeans I would not have bid. It was a perfect description of regular jeans, so there was no reason to question. Please respond as soon as you can. Thank you so much."

Now, I'm thinking...WTF? Aren't "regular" jeans 100% cotton???

I did tell her that I would take the jeans back and refund her purchase price with a mutual cancellation, but I'm still so confused over this.

2. It sounds like the jeans probably did not fit and she needed a "valid" reason to send them back. She made it look like you did not list the item correctly so felt justified to return based on a misrepresentation while in reality it was a personal problem.

3. um yes "regular" jeans are 100 percent cotton. shes knows that i am sure

4. I'm confused. She states that "2% spandex and 98% cotton" constitutes regular jeans. Huh?

I thought "regular" only referred to size but maybe I'm just confused.

It sounds as if you mentioned the fabric composition in your listing, is this accurate? I don't see why you're allowing a return when she obviously read what the fabric composition was. So, what exactly is her problem? :confused1:

5. I'm not a jean expert but 2% spandex 98% cotton jeans are common nowadays and stretch a little to fit nicely to body lines. All my husband's jeans (Levi's 501 and some J Crew) are 100% cotton. I think her husband must be wearing "stretch" jeans. If she insist your pair are "stretch jeans" :rolleyes:
    She sounds like nothing but trouble. I'd accept return too. The buyer should at least pay for the return shipping.

6. Yes, the fabric content was stated accurately in the listing. I just had a feeling that it was exactly what shoemanshoe said, that the jeans just didn't fit her. This is not a valid reason for return, but I just had a weird feeling about this one. She already agreed to the mutual, and I'm only refunding her purchase price once they get to me.

They are Michael Kors jeans, so I'm not really worried about re-selling them and I figured this one smelled like troube.