Is it Just me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, many of our subforums have had individual RAOKs and they have all been wonderful with very little drama. I don't know why it was different in Coach, but rather than get caught up in what has happened (as we have had several different threads on this already) I think we should all start focusing our energy on making it better in the future.
I didn't mean to place any blame, I think my post came off a little harsher than I meant it to. It was fairly clear that RAOK in coach was spinning off the rails, but you're right, the drama is over. I was just responding to the OP's observation.

It is a slow season right now too. People busy with summer, PCE is over, not many people spending $$$ at the outlets, etc. All forums drop off in the summer.

Right now, I would expect some would be posting again on what bag is practical for College, for toting books, etc.

Once Sept comes, Kids are back to school & PCE is here, watch out!

No worries randarific! I totally understand your, and everyone else's frustration! It sucks when you see some members go especially over something so silly, but in the end, I promise it will get better. Every forum has its bumps in the road, and some members go- of course, many return after a while. But through this process, the subforum itself gets better as we learn to appreciate both the time and effort that everyone puts into the forum as well as each other!

I never went into the RAOK thread because I couldn't afford to participate at the time. It's surprising that a thread based on something kind and good, would cause problems. I had no idea.

The introduction thread is a good idea. :smile: Thanks for putting it up so quickly.

Thanks jag for getting the introduction thread going. I still have never started a tread of my own. I don't know what I am afraid of. Just shy I guess. Thank you. I feel good that one of my ideas is taking off. It sure it great to learn about everyone!!

Thanks jag for getting the introduction thread going. I still have never started a tread of my own. I don't know what I am afraid of. Just shy I guess. Thank you. I feel good that one of my ideas is taking off. It sure it great to learn about everyone!!

Oh no! We must get you over this thread issue right away! I am such a post whore- as you can well see, go on! Have fun! This is YOUR forum!!!! And look at what fabulous ideas you have!!!:tup:

Alot of people who posted alot are gone, and it doesn't look like they're coming back (at least in the near future). I am more of an observer than a poster, but I have been around this board for awhile now and I agree that it's WAY slow. Alot of the girls who left were great assets and resources, and for that reason it's a total bummer now that they're gone.

I think the condescending way the board was closed has a lot to do with why people are gone. That said, it seems to me that a lot of unnecessary drama on this board was caused by RAOK which, imo, is out of place on a Coach forum. Had the mods moved the RAOK to a different place, where it belonged, this board probably wouldn't have blown up like it did.

Just so we don't give newbies the wrong idea about raok, it should be noted that almost 50 people were involved with the summer raok and there was only 1 problem, granted, that 1 problem was escalated dramatically, it was still just 1 problem. :smile:
Also, the thread that broke the coach forums back (so to speak, lol) had nothing to do with raok.

Just so we don't give newbies the wrong idea about raok, it should be noted that almost 50 people were involved with the summer raok and there was only 1 problem, granted, that 1 problem was escalated dramatically, it was still just 1 problem. :smile:
Also, the thread that broke the coach forums back (so to speak, lol) had nothing to do with raok.

Only one issue was public! I personally know in the first RAOK there were many issues so I could only guess there were similar in the second :smile:

We all just need some coffee pumped into us!

Status
Not open for further replies.