Is it just me.... (price increases on BEC?)

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
I was just playing with my BEC wish list and noticed that a Charm Me Midi that I have had on BEC for a few months now (deposit paid) has a higher balance than before. There's a difference of $55. When I did my BEC the total was $595 but now it's $650 minus my deposit, so instead of $415 due there is now a balance of $470. Anyone else notice this on any of their BECs or am I going insane? I also could have sworn that one of the options for a Charm Me/CMM was either a lining pocket or detachable pouch but it's no longer in the list of features. One would have to pay extra now ($25-$40) to add one of those features. I'm confused now. If I paid a deposit on a bag, should I expect to secure it at the original price and not be affected by a price increase? :confused1: I mean, it's not that I'm not willing to deal with a price increase but for bags that I've already paid a deposit on, I kind of feel that those prices shouldn't change. What do you all think?

I was just playing with my BEC wish list and noticed that a Charm Me Midi that I have had on BEC for a few months now (deposit paid) has a higher balance than before. There's a difference of $55. When I did my BEC the total was $595 but now it's $650 minus my deposit, so instead of $415 due there is now a balance of $470. Anyone else notice this on any of their BECs or am I going insane? I also could have sworn that one of the options for a Charm Me/CMM was either a lining pocket or detachable pouch but it's no longer in the list of features. One would have to pay extra now ($25-$40) to add one of those features. I'm confused now. If I paid a deposit on a bag, should I expect to secure it at the original price and not be affected by a price increase? :confused1: I mean, it's not that I'm not willing to deal with a price increase but for bags that I've already paid a deposit on, I kind of feel that those prices shouldn't change. What do you all think?

T - I would query this with BE. As far as I am concerned, if you paid the deposit then you secured a price and should not be subject to a price increase.

IMO, BE should let customers with BEC bags on order know that there will be a price increase and that their bags will be affected. If the customer then does not want to proceed with the bag, their deposit should be refunded immediately.

I just noticed that last night on my Charm Me that I paid a deposit on earlier but is waiting for leather. The price is showing much higher. I hope they honor the price as of the deposit payment.
It looks like the full sized Charm Me has gone from a base price of $650 to $725 on BEC.

TL...I just checked and mine have increased as well...not happy about this at all...I have no problem with a price increase, but I too think when we pay the deposit we start a contract to buy a very specific bag, for a set cost at that date. No changes after a deposit is made.

I guess I need to email them!

Oh no!!! I hope you don't mind but I emailed Jackie to ask about this (I've been thinking about BEC'ing the Charm Me or Charm Me midi, can't decide which). I think she must be online right now because her answer was super speedy. Here's what she said:

"The prices haven’t been raised, rather I realized that the Charm Me price was wrong – and has probably been wrong for a long time - so I corrected it. But of course, anyone who has an order there will have it honoured."

A relief for those who have already gotten their orders in, but not for me :sad: Shucks, I should've gotten my order in earlier...

Thanks TL for pointing this out, and pixie for inquiring! It seems that also a couple of other models got this price adjustment!

I was wondering why the Charm me was that much less than most bags, but I thought it was due to the lack of hw ;)

I have two Charm mes..a Pewter and a Grey glossy on BEC already, but I'm so sorry you did not place your order earlier , pixie, because the adjustment is considerable!!!

Thanks TL for pointing this out, and pixie for inquiring! It seems that also a couple of other models got this price adjustment!

I was wondering why the Charm me was that much less than most bags, but I thought it was due to the lack of hw ;)

I have two Charm mes..a Pewter and a Grey glossy on BEC already, but I'm so sorry you did not place your order earlier , pixie, because the adjustment is considerable!!!

I know! I'm kicking myself now... blah...

I also noticed that there is now a surcharge for the metallic leathers (like the crash). This is new as mottled gold used to be the same price as matte, pebbled etc.

Yes, about that.

I've had a reply from Jackie but I can't work out whether I am getting a some money back or not TBH. She sid the Charm Me never had the option for an inner zip compartment. I must admit that I thought when I originally ordered you had a choice of inner removable compartment or "secret pocket" thing and both were free but she will know what the styles are better than anyone so I'm not inclined to disagree with her.

Sorry, Van Bod for got to add the starting price of the bag was more as well I believe, trouble is it's a while ago now and I can't remember the exact figures so can't be definate.

Thanks, Pixie, for inquiring! I wanted to be sure my expectations were reasonable before asking Jackie but I felt that I was right to assume that the original price should be honored. I too have wondered why the CM and CMM were such good bargains! LOL! I'm still bummed about the lining pocket being an added expense but I don't believe I ordered my dpm CMM with one so I'll see if I really need it or not.

Thanks everyone for your responses!!