Is it just me, or has Coach lost its luster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerelycrw

SincerelyCassandra
Jul 16, 2009
When coach first came out it wasn't the most prestigeous of brands, but if you wanted a bag you could look alright with in before you spilled coffe on it, many woman saw it as the right choice. Not a complete break of the bank for a cute, recognized style.
Recently they came out with a new signature, i dont know about you, but it looks like target must have brainwashed the Coach CEO's to use their bags as billboards. Not only that, but the new alagator and ostrich bag came out, 10k for a bag without anything but some nice material!? for the same ammount there are so many more beautiful and more classic choices.
Has coach lost its luster, becoming cheaper in design and pricier without representation?
What do you think, where is coach headded!?

I still like Coach. I have a few bags that I love, but none of them are monogram fabric (not a fan of any designer monogram). You will always have those that look down on Coach as being "non-luxury," but to each is own.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the alligator and ostrich bags are nothing but some nice material. What else are you expecting of them?

I still like Coach. I have a few bags that I love, but none of them are monogram fabric (not a fan of any designer monogram). You will always have those that look down on Coach as being "non-luxury," but to each is own.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the alligator and ostrich bags are nothing but some nice material. What else are you expecting of them?

I guess that in my opinion if i was going to pay 10 grand for a purse I would want it to be not only handcrafted of fine material (wich the bag is) but I would want it to be original, never before seen. Its one thing if a designer comes out with a bag that is original and people coppy it, and replicate it, but i feel that the new style has already been in circulation through brands, just with a new name on it.

well i think the fairly recent madison bags are amazing! i love my sabrina. i also like the new tribeca collection. the others not so much. and i can see poppy as something nice for a coachies little sister. it really depends on what u r looking for. i also think they are just trying to adopt to the new economy. also they are goign through some growing pains w the outlets etc. i would love to see a sabrina w shoulder straps!

Coach 'comes and goes' in my opinion - some seasons, I hate everything; other times, I adore all their products and want to buy everything.

Yep, this is me too! Just when I was thinking that Coach hadn't offered anything to catch my eye in a long while they came out with these adorable Tribeca totes and Garnet satchels!

Linda

I have always been a huge fan of Coach and love going to the outlet store. I was there this past weekend and they had several really nice all leather bags that were great prices. What I like about Coach is they have bags that appeal to everyone. I didnt buy anything this past weekend because my last 8 or so bag purchases have been high end bags from other designers and I simply dont have the funds.

As far as the new monogram...I really dont care for it. Most of my wifes Coach bags are the old monogram but the last 4 or 5 bags from coach have been leather. Just not a fan of monogram bags anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.