Is it just me or does it seem wrong to profit this way...

Teena

Purse Obsessed!
Apr 30, 2007
...by authenticating purses?
http://cgi.ebay.com/I-will-authenti...0QQihZ008QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess I'm just confused because everyone on this forum is nice and helpful with authenticating...and you all never seem to expect anything in return. I feel like everyone who helps authenticate on here actually wants to spread the joy of LV (yes, I know that sounds cheesy) whereas some people want to profit from it.

Yeah... I'm with Karman.

I wouldn't trust someone over eBay to authenticate for me, like I'd ever need it. If so, I would like to see what work they have done in their past so their credability can be valid.

^^I definitely agree. I wouldn't have them do it, I'd trust a service like CarolDiva/MyPoupette though. And I do see how she can charge for authenticating because it does take time and skill to authenticate bags.

But never trust anyone on ebay that way.

I agree totally with LVBabydoll, it is time intensive to authenticate bags so I understand why there is a fee involved with Carol Diva or My Poupette, but authentication on Ebay, yikes, I would run from that as fast as my feet would carry me!

I don't think I would use a service like that being sold on eBay, but if others want to, why not?

Isn't it just a service like any other we would pay for?

I agree 100%

I wouldn't use this service cuz I only buy retail from the boutique, and I totally agree that it's just a service... Even if the person asks for a ridiculous sum of money, as long as there is a willing buyer, I don't see anything wrong with it. There's nothing illegal and immoral about it, provided that the person knows his/her stuff well and isn't just randomly calling X fake/authentic.

I think the fact that the seller has put it in the ebay forum is a really smart business practice & think that she knows her stuff.
I feel confident in my own ability now to know what's authentic, but if I didn't, I would most definitely use her service- it's very inexpensive & right there on ebay where she can be found.
Smart!