Is it just me or do you notice a difference in quality?!

May 2, 2011
Today I went to my local LV store to look at a bag Damier "Skyline Tote", which I thought was an amazing travel bag! As I touched the outside of the canvas, I noticed the material of the canvas seemed thinner than my Damier Mick (purchased ~2010)! Also, the cloth inside the bag seemed thin! The overall structure and design of the bag seemed great, but I just felt the quality of the materials was not up to par! Anyone else noticed that the new bags of canvas materials made this year of 2014?

they will change the lining and such depending on the structure of the bag.
im not sure with the skyline, but the mick is actually kind of stiff for its shape, so maybe they were going for something softer????

im not sure with the skyline, but the mick is actually kind of stiff for its shape, so maybe they were going for something softer????

I agree as I think they are changing to a softer canvas for some pieces to allow for flexibility within that specific design?

Ah, I understand now! Yea, my mick does have that stiffer feeling but I like that feel. I guess due to the durability. Ill have to see when I purchase the skyline in due time! thanks

I had a speedy 25 in the monogram print from 1989. I went to look at the speedy B 25 in the monogram print last year and noticed the bag seemed 'thinner' - I then looked at the regular speedy 25 in mon, and again it seemed thinner in the canvas.

This to me felt like it was cutting corners or LV just trying to save money while still charging over $1000 for a speedy 25.

I have also looked at other mon and DE bags (brand new) and the canvas is definitly thinner now, than bags from about 4 years ago at least.

The Alma's are also looking different to the ones I purchased in 2012 - just something about them - I feel like there is not the same quality as before.

So now I will buy near new pre-owned from before 2012....

Its supposed to be uncrackable..i heard someone here mention this...i want further info about this too..
REALLY?! I've been hearing cracking issues with the emperiente and where they seal the canvas at the ends! I feel it would be more durable if the material was thicker! We will never know unless it is made evident!

I hope when I try out this bag, I don't have the same feeling. :sad:
Have you compared to the kitan? It look similar to the kitan. I'm looking to try the Tadao, Kitan, and this tote. Since I took interest in the skyline, the only bag I feel entice in the Damier Graphite line, excluding the Mick. :P

I had a speedy 25 in the monogram print from 1989. I went to look at the speedy B 25 in the monogram print last year and noticed the bag seemed 'thinner' - I then looked at the regular speedy 25 in mon, and again it seemed thinner in the canvas.

This to me felt like it was cutting corners or LV just trying to save money while still charging over $1000 for a speedy 25.

I have also looked at other mon and DE bags (brand new) and the canvas is definitly thinner now, than bags from about 4 years ago at least.

The Alma's are also looking different to the ones I purchased in 2012 - just something about them - I feel like there is not the same quality as before.

So now I will buy near new pre-owned from before 2012....
10 years ago the canvas was way thicker than now. I had an alma 8 years ago and the top zipper leather is very sturdy compare to floppier top zipper alma. And the way they squashed the Almas in the drawer really puts you off, making the bag like folded into halves.

Its supposed to be uncrackable..i heard someone here mention this...i want further info about this too..
Yes, when I bought my Emilie wallet last month I had my choice between two canvas types. The newer one is crack resistant. I'm not sure how it compares in thickness though.

However, the canvas on my mon mono Speedy bought last year is DEFINITELY much thinner than my LE Speedies from 2008.

I don't like the new canvas. How it feels, smells & the less structure seems almost of a "cheaper" quality. I don't care for preowned BUT I am now looking into those. It really bums me out because I just recently fell in love with LV.