Is it just me or do you notice a difference in quality?!

I don't like the new canvas. How it feels, smells & the less structure seems almost of a "cheaper" quality. I don't care for preowned BUT I am now looking into those. It really bums me out because I just recently fell in love with LV.

Check ebay, yoogiscloset, elady or your equivalent for kijiji or craigslist...you could still go for preloved bags in good condition and a good deal...

I don't like the new canvas. How it feels, smells & the less structure seems almost of a "cheaper" quality. I don't care for preowned BUT I am now looking into those. It really bums me out because I just recently fell in love with LV.

Check ebay, yoogiscloset, elady or your equivalent for kijiji or craigslist...you could still go for preloved bags in good condition and a good deal...and continue your love for lv...as for me im perfectly contented with my small collection...

i hope when i try out this bag, i don't have the same feeling. :sad:
have you compared to the kitan? It look similar to the kitan. I'm looking to try the tadao, kitan, and this tote. Since i took interest in the skyline, the only bag i feel entice in the damier graphite line, excluding the mick. :P

please read the second post. It was an edit and double post! Thanks.

Last edited:
I REALLY liked the Damier graphite Skyline tote! It's very versatile! Tote and shoulder bag in one, compared to mick! I will have to see how durable the bag is, since the canvas is much thinner! Although I was not able to try on the tote D/T LV placing wire lock on the handles and no SA wanting to help me :nono::rant:

Wow - I'm glad it's not just me who noticed something.

I mentioned this difference in canvas thickness with the SA I was with when looking to get a new Speedy, and they acted like they didn't know what I meant. Maybe they didn't - I guess not all SA in LV know as much about LV as some of the posters on here.

I just can't bring myself to pay as much as they are asking now, when the quality is not what it was 5, 10 years ago. It's really disappointing.

Check ebay, yoogiscloset, elady or your equivalent for kijiji or craigslist...you could still go for preloved bags in good condition and a good deal...and continue your love for lv...as for me im perfectly contented with my small collection...

Thank you for the places to look. just purchased a speedy and am waiting for it to come. Fingers crossed it's in as good of shape as it looked and that the seller said it was :biggrin:

I noticed a HUGE difference in the quality of recent items. The bags dont seem to be made with the same care and standards as before. I've noticed stitching that's a bit off...poor edge sealants...even a piece of what appears to be cloth that wasn't fully removed from one bag when they were finishing. Also, I recently purchased a shine shawl and didn't think to check the label until a friend asked me to help authenticate hers. The new batch of shine shawls contain : 47% silk, 26% viscose, 17% wool and 10% polyester. Call me picky....but I'm paying more than $700 upwards for a shawl...polyester and viscose? I have an older shine shawl that's : 50% silk, 30% metal, 20% wool....Looking back I'm very happy that I purchased items even when I felt that I didn't need them...

The canvas is definitely thinner or made with a different material! I don't mind it too much because it makes the bag lighter overall.

The epi leather has also changed, compared to my speedy 25 red epi, it's not as shiny and thick. Not sure how this affects the durability of the material.

I like my bags more structured rather than soft and squishy :smile:

I swear the quality of LV canvas has gone down dramatically within the past 2 years. I wanted to buy a DE Emilie wallet to match my DE Speedy B, but UGH...it felt so cheap and of inferior quality. I swear some of the knockoffs I've seen in the Philippines had better quality! Ended up picking up the wallet in Mono. But still...just getting disappointed with LV quality in general. Guess I'll stick to pre-LVoed older/vintage pieces.

Wow - I'm glad it's not just me who noticed something.

I mentioned this difference in canvas thickness with the SA I was with when looking to get a new Speedy, and they acted like they didn't know what I meant. Maybe they didn't - I guess not all SA in LV know as much about LV as some of the posters on here.

I just can't bring myself to pay as much as they are asking now, when the quality is not what it was 5, 10 years ago. It's really disappointing.
+1 totally agree!

Today I went to my local LV store to look at a bag Damier "Skyline Tote", which I thought was an amazing travel bag! As I touched the outside of the canvas, I noticed the material of the canvas seemed thinner than my Damier Mick (purchased ~2010)! Also, the cloth inside the bag seemed thin! The overall structure and design of the bag seemed great, but I just felt the quality of the materials was not up to par! Anyone else noticed that the new bags of canvas materials made this year of 2014?
I think so, I purchased a preloved 2014 bag and the leather trim seemed so cheapy to me:sad: I ended up selling it and buying a 2010 Made in Usa (no cloth tag not of imported materials) bag and the one I sold was the cloth tag. I really like the pre 2013 bags much better. I prefer made in France but the made in USA (that are stamped ) as opposed to the imported materials bags are much, much better in my opinion.

So, with so many of us noticing this change in quality, where do you think this is all coming from with LV?

They are putting their prices up maybe twice, three times a year - My 2012 Alma PM vernis is now just over $1000 more in 2014 - and if they are using thinner canvas and cloth tags, they surely must be making lots of savings and additional profit.

Is Louis Vuitton just getting...greedy..?