is it just me or do LV get so much better with age?

ITA. I loved the pristine new vachetta but I also now love the honey tan of my bh. My friend who wasn't so keen on the bag (or lv in general) when she first saw it at day of purchase agreed that it had changed into a nicer colour.

Here is a pic I just took with my camera phone. It's hard to really see how golden the vachetta is now. I love it at this stage and want it to stop! ;)

Attachments

• 0424071114a.jpg
    0424071114a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 44
I love the lvs at all stages (except the white new stage). But I like different bags with patina like the speedy looks great with patina from golden honey to dark, dark. However, the bh jsut looks nasty with patina and I think when mine gets too dark this will be a bag that I replace.

i was at a diner a few months ago and an older woman sat down next to me with a very, very old speedy- beat to heck, soft as anything. i really loved it- the lived in look looked good!!!

Here is a pic I just took with my camera phone. It's hard to really see how golden the vachetta is now. I love it at this stage and want it to stop! ;)

Thanks for the picture! It is at a nice stage but it still looks pretty light to me unless it just photos lighter(when I took pics of a mono speedy I sold on ebay it photo'ed lighter bec. of flash). I stopped storing my mono pieces in their dustbags and fighting the patina process, I'm going full force! I'll even wear it in the rain since I sprayed them with Wilsons. My only fear is getting it completely soaked or bumping into someone who will spill something on it(like hair dye or wax at a salon), totally paranoid!

Thanks for the picture! It is at a nice stage but it still looks pretty light to me unless it just photos lighter(when I took pics of a mono speedy I sold on ebay it photo'ed lighter bec. of flash). I stopped storing my mono pieces in their dustbags and fighting the patina process, I'm going full force! I'll even wear it in the rain since I sprayed them with Wilsons. My only fear is getting it completely soaked or bumping into someone who will spill something on it(like hair dye or wax at a salon), totally paranoid!

You're welcome!

It does look a little lighter in the picture. It's at that nice honey golden color right now. I really wish I could stop it and have it stay like this! I guess I won't mind it a little darker - I am just paranoid about it turning black.