Is it inconsiderate to ask SA to locate smaller side items?

soy

Apr 28, 2008
I have a very nice SA whom I've been emailing with smaller non-chanel side requests (ranging from $600-$1200 items) in between my trips to Saks. She's been very nice about calling around for the item I want, but I wonder if I'm being inconsiderate and she's just too polite to say anything.

So my question is... do you think her commission/overall pay is enough to justify my asking for her to get me these small side items? Or am I being inconsiderate?

Chrisy

O.G.
Jun 7, 2009
Correct me if I am wrong. I thought SA get commissions on all items they ring up. I don't think it has to be items within their dept. In fact, you can ask her this question. If she gets commissions on the non-chanel items as well, then you shouldn't have to feel too bad about it. :P

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I think they must get commissions throughout the store. An SA that I deal with in Chanel at Saks in NYC always stresses that she can help me anywhere in the store. She wouldn't be mentioning that to me if it didn't benefit her.

soy

Apr 28, 2008
Good to know! Thanks for the responses, ladies :smile: Now I can continue my requests with a clear conscience

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
Go ahead & shop til you drop. My SA emails me every now & then to see if I need him to shop for me anywhere else in the store. A commission is a commission so no worries.

jess38288

Jan 23, 2008
I have a very nice SA whom I've been emailing with smaller non-chanel side requests (ranging from $600-$1200 items) in between my trips to Saks. She's been very nice about calling around for the item I want, but I wonder if I'm being inconsiderate and she's just too polite to say anything.

So my question is... do you think her commission/overall pay is enough to justify my asking for her to get me these small side items? Or am I being inconsiderate?

There is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she's more than happy to help you!

luvchnl

O.G.
May 15, 2008
It's actually better for your SA because it will bring up her sales per hour quota = possible pay increase. I'm sure she is happy about it and doesn't mind at all.