Is it impolite to ask someone how much they weigh? Bag weight

luxeluxe

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
another great thing about LV's, they're so light! (the canvas ones anyway, i have no idea what the leather ones weigh). I definitely prefer to carry lighter bags over heavier ones. Even leather LV's I've tried in the store didn't seem to heavy. But lets see.

So far I weighed 2.

Speedy Damier 25: 12.8 oz with lock, 11.6 without lock.
Mono Pochette: 4.2 oz.

luxeluxe

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
Today the batignolles I'm carrying weighs 4lbs. Too lazy to figure out what it weighs when it's empty.

ilikepenguins

Finally a PhD!
O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
Boston
Wow, what a great idea for a thread! This could be useful if someone is trying to estimate shipping costs or something...I wish I had a good scale!

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
Maybe it is impolite if you ask your GF, but certainly not if you ask your handbag!

There are a few bags we describe as being heavy when they are empty such as the Multicolore Speedy and the Ursula. In fact a tPFer just PMed me and asked about the weight of my MC Speedy and I told her I didn't think it was heavy. So it got me thinking that it would be a great resource to post the weights of our bags when they are totally empty. Those of you with a small postal scale, please help me out with posting your bag's weight when totally empty! Let me start:

Multicolore Speedy: 2 lbs 4 oz

Watercolor Speedy 30: 1 lb 2 oz

Reactions: Syrenitytoo