Is it hard/harder to get pregnant at 30? Or 35?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’m 37 (turn 38 next week) and am almost 30w with #2. Getting pregnant was not a problem - may be TMI but we literally had sex once during my fertile week (thought I was in the clear) and that was it. Bam, pregnant.

2. In general a woman's fertility starts declining at age 25. It is not like BAM, but rather at 25 or so you are at your peak fertility and then it declines slowly. A lot of women, not all, will have some issues trying to get pregnant in their 30s and 40s. There are plenty of exceptions who get pregnant easily, but you never know if you will be one of those lucky women or if you will need help to conceive.

I had both of my babies in my thirties, but to be honest, if I had it all to do over again I would have rather gotten pregnant in my twenties. I would have likely had more energy, easier recovery, body would have bounced back super easy, etc. By the time my younger son was in late high school I was getting TIRED! lol. But yea, for real.

Now I am in my early 60s and neither of my children are married. By the time they settle down and get married and possibly have babies I may be a very old grandma, unable to do fun things with my grandchildren. I already have knee issues, my husband has recently had back issues! I do not have the energy I used to have! :sad: ( Before anyone jumps all over me I am not demanding that my children make me a grandmother. I said when they get married and POSSIBLY have children...it is their choice! I would LOVE to be a grandmother, but it's not my decision! )

I would seriously recommend if at all possible, if you know you really want children, have them earlier rather than later. My two cents.

Oh, and going through perimenopause/menopause while my kids were in their hormonal teens...pretty wretched! O_o

But there are no guarantees no matter what you choose to do. The best you
    can do is look at the statistics, try to gauge how lucky you think you will be and take your chances. There are pros and cons to having children in your twenties or waiting until later in your thirties. If you wait until your forties, that is quite late. It's possible, but your odds aren't as good in general. There are always exceptions, but the norm is it is more difficult to get pregnant that late.

We really try to fight nature these days...but our eggs have an expiration date. It just is what it is.

Going to read the rest of the thread now.

3. I am 6.5 weeks pregnant with #2 and am 39. It was a completely unexpected surprise as we weren’t trying and had to have IVF (when I was 34) with #1. I never thought I would be one of the lucky ones this could happen to, but here we are! Praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Prufrock613 and misstrine85 like this.
  4. Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for a healthy and easy pregnancy!

5. Thankyou!