Is It Ever Appropriate To Wear Black To A Wedding ?

I had an evening wedding, plenty of black or navy dresses were there. It was about 7 years ago and it was perfectly fine w/ me.

I would never wear white/ivory exclusively to someone's wedding. Never ever.

Hmmm. ISlightly O/T I really don't like Black and White weddings, although they seem to be popular at least down here! I would wear black I guess to a black-tie evening wedding, I haven't yet and it wouldn't be my first choice but I would.

I think it just all depends... I was in a wedding of a good friend of mine, and the grooms side in the CHURCH had some people in there with overalls on. So I'd take black over overalls anyday!

I wore a black dress to the last wedding I went to. I wore that color because it was very slimming for my body type. I received compliments on my dress from both the groom and bride. I think the groom's mother was even wearing a black sequins dress.

Is there a rule about wearing black to wedding? I mean, I have seen wedding ceremonies on TV where even bridemaids were wearing black bridemaids gown.

I would rather wear black than to stick out like a sore thumb wearing a mustard yellow, hot pink, or neon lime green color dress.

bagnshoofetish said:
she wasn't marrying her brother was she?

J/K!!!!!!

HAHAHA!!! Well it was the most interesting wedding of my life. She was just in college and he was a high school grad. Her family did not approve so they did not help pay for the wedding. Bless her heart- it was so simple and modest but she was so happy! The groom's family seemed a bit... a bit... umm what is politically correct for inbred?? ;)

Either way, I would definetly consider wearing black to a wedding- I'd just see when/where/how the wedding was going to be

Megs said:
HAHAHA!!! Well it was the most interesting wedding of my life. She was just in college and he was a high school grad. Her family did not approve so they did not help pay for the wedding. Bless her heart- it was so simple and modest but she was so happy! The groom's family seemed a bit... a bit... umm what is politically correct for inbred?? ;)

Either way, I would definetly consider wearing black to a wedding- I'd just see when/where/how the wedding was going to be
wow. I would love to see photos of that wedding! YIKES!