Is it dumb to take a Speedy to a festival?

If its the Dragon Boat Festival at False Creek/Concorde Pacific, I'd say no. I'd be too worried about getting it dirty.

I think it would be easier to bring a cheap tote bag. Maybe ask a friend if you could borrow a tote bag?

Arnott: Why spend all that money on a bag if you aren't going to show it off? GO FOR IT! Just take some extra precautions.

Krispin: Does that speedy you have happen to be a "25"? If so, I'm impressed at how roomy it looks...

I don't see a problem with it at all :smile: Go for it! I've even taken my LVs to the beach and on hikes :P

hahaha- hikes?? You are devoted!

I would say that the speedy prob wouldn't be the most comfortable at the festival BUT I think that I would be willing to sacrifice the comfort in order to look good!!!

Well, if you are willing to put up with the handheld factor, I don't see why not. Bear in mind that the forecast calls for some rain tomorrow afternoon! Have fun! I'm stuck at home writing a paper.

i'd bring the speedy too!! th eonly thing I'd be worried about is that your arms might be sore after holding your bag on the crook of your arm the whole afternoon, but other than that, no worries!

Thanks for your replies, everyone! This is the exact reason I want to buy a Damier Geant Loup! For all these summer festivals!

Cuz the Loup is hands-free, and I don't even have to worry about it falling off my shoulder like I would with tote bags, because its a messenger bag, AND it holds everything a Speedy 30 does!

I think you can take it. I have had these dilemmas in the past too. It's such a functional bag for these events. I am not a backpack or crappy bag type of girl. I am happier with my speedy. I say bring it and be the hottest chick at the festival!

LOL @ "crappy bag type of girl" :roflmfao:

And ever since I finished university I have been doing everything I can to stay away from the backpack! Don't want to look like I'm still going to school! :P

My Speedy has just become my kick around/out in the rain kind of bag so that would probably be the one I'd take. Now if you asked me that about some of my other bags, my response would be no way.