Is it destiny? Which bag to sell?

cindy05

MineMineMine!!!
O.G.
Dec 29, 2007
I have thought about selling my bordeaux Julianne so many times in the last few weeks. But every time I take her out of her dust bag and try her on...I fall in :heart: all over again. She is so light. She has a removable chain and a handle, which makes her so versatile. Her leather is sooooo soft. And her color....rich bordeaux.....

The only reason why I wanted to sell her was because I recently purchased 3 Chanels. I've gone mad I know. And to make up for my craziness, I was going to sell her. I've already sold 3 of my Louis Vuittons, but all 3 of those bags only paid for ONE Chanel!!!

I bought Julianne in June of this year. Perhaps I should sell my eggshell patchwork stam instead. I also bought that bag in June of 2008. Then in July of this year, I bought a bone colored (similar to my PW stam) quilted stam. I think I have made up my own mind...to sell my brandy new patchwork stam. I've only used her once. Its killing me!!!

Definitely no more Chanels for at least a couple of years. Too rich for my blood.

As far as selling some of my bags to make up for my shopping spree, what do you ladies think I should do? Which to get rid of? Julianne or PW stam? Thanks!!

I have the same Julianne and love it! Although my Julianne has the same strap situation as many others have, it is a keeper. The stams are easy to come by (although the patchwork is unique). I say, keep the Julianne and anticipate that it might need to take an eight week sabbatical during its lifetime - The Julianne is harder to replace - IMO.

i've been bitten by the chanel bug once before too, so i know where you're coming from. i clocked out at two though, but one chanel bag can buy me three mj bags and an accessory. yeah, it's a classic that'll never go out of style and retains its value, but it's draining. draining, but gorgeous.

anyway, i would keep the julianne just because i love the color so much. i prefer the stam, but i wouldn't be able to turn away bordeaux for eggshell.

as a fellow bordeaux julianne owner (because of YOU and your gorgeous one might i ad) i would say keep the julianne. despite mine being in a 'broken arm' state, i've been carrying her everyday since i got her, only trading her out with my kate when i needed something slightly more casual. I am in love with mine, and the color is just soooooooo beautiful!! and i cannot get over how light the bag is either. it's the perfect size for everything i need ( i dare say even, more perfect a size than my stam bag!)

and it would be soooooooo hard to replace, especially if you even ever found one, you'd have to get the shoulder strap repaired again. i say you have a history with this bag, and cheated with chanel while julianne was recovering from her surgery....you should give her the attention she deserves now and carry that beauty of a bag!!!

for starters, I'd love to see a pic of your Bordeaux Julianne -- I've never seen this style in that color before -- I'd agree that you should sell the PW stam -- I also had a PW stam along with 3 quilted ones, and I never used it -- I ended up taking it back because I just didn't love it as much as I loved my quilted ones -- I also think the Bordeaux is a much harder color to come by, esp in that style -- you can always replace the PW stam (I see them on ebay quite often), but that Julianne is pretty irreplaceable so once it's gone, chances are, you won't find another.

Sell the Stam (did I just say that, I am a big stam fan). The Julianne in bordeaux, like others have said, is so unique & a stam will come around again, the Julianne, maybe? I know what you mean about Chanel, it's hard to resist. I have only 1 chanel but *ducks* I want another...so I can understand.

for starters, I'd love to see a pic of your Bordeaux Julianne -- I've never seen this style in that color before -- I'd agree that you should sell the PW stam -- I also had a PW stam along with 3 quilted ones, and I never used it -- I ended up taking it back because I just didn't love it as much as I loved my quilted ones -- I also think the Bordeaux is a much harder color to come by, esp in that style -- you can always replace the PW stam (I see them on ebay quite often), but that Julianne is pretty irreplaceable so once it's gone, chances are, you won't find another.
let me help you with some 'visual aids':graucho:

Attachments

• NMV01XE_mp.jpg
    NMV01XE_mp.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 37
  • NMV01XE_cp.jpg
    NMV01XE_cp.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
  • e855_3.JPG
    e855_3.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 58d0_1.JPG
    58d0_1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 5095_1.JPG
    5095_1.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 35
eek! I don't know...I love them both. Having said this, I decided to have more MJ versus another H piece. It is so expensive and I decided I could have quite a few MJ's in all sorts of variations versus another really expensive H bag/item. I say sell one chanel...Just my opinion (good luck with what you decide)...

Thanks, June. lol. Those are actually pics of ME holding my beloved Julianne when we first met. lol. She is striking. She's my lady in red. I was actually supposed to buy the Alyona in brown but saw Julianne in bordeaux and got her instead.

Ok. You guys have talked me into keeping her forever and ever and I shall never ever think about selling her again. :yes:

Now...as far as the PW stam...I have to find the time to post her. I think my mother in law was smitten with my PW stam the last time she was out here...perhaps I will just unload it on her...that way, I can still admire her from afar. :okay:

and more:

June,

You make me sound like John Edwards! I have to admit that I cheated while Julianne was STILL in surgery. :shame:

Fall is coming soon so I will definitely put her to good use. :tup:

as a fellow bordeaux julianne owner (because of YOU and your gorgeous one might i ad) i would say keep the julianne. despite mine being in a 'broken arm' state, i've been carrying her everyday since i got her, only trading her out with my kate when i needed something slightly more casual. I am in love with mine, and the color is just soooooooo beautiful!! and i cannot get over how light the bag is either. it's the perfect size for everything i need ( i dare say even, more perfect a size than my stam bag!)

and it would be soooooooo hard to replace, especially if you even ever found one, you'd have to get the shoulder strap repaired again. i say you have a history with this bag, and cheated with chanel while julianne was recovering from her surgery....you should give her the attention she deserves now and carry that beauty of a bag!!!