Is it customary to give thank you gifts or cards for your surgeon and nurses?

Aw that's a nice question. I never actually thought of that.
My guess is that most people dont since they'd be thanking someone for having done their surgery when they're the one who paid 5-grand for it to begin with.

Having that said, I know that some docs are uncomfortable with gifts even if it's something small and handmade. :S
But if you do decide do give them something small and appropriate like a card... there's no harm. =) It's a lovely gesture.

It can certainly make a doctor's day... particularly if s/he rarely gets things like that. It's reassuring for them as a doctor. Like saying... "You're doing a good job and I appreciate the work you do. What you're doing is meaningful/ valuable." :smile:

I think that people needn't worry so much about carrying out kind, well-intended gestures.
We can't control or predict 100% of the time how others will respond. The most we can do is to do what we feel in our heart is right.

(Yeah yeah... sorry about the cheesiness lool >_>; )

Reactions: MoonLee
Tipping isn't part of Korean culture, so gifts aren't expected or required. What they'd likely appreciate the most is if you post a good review to drive their business.

If they did go out of their way in their care for you so much so you want to thank them, I'd have a bunch of pastries or what not delivered for their staff to enjoy together.

Tipping isn't part of Korean culture, so gifts aren't expected or required. What they'd likely appreciate the most is if you post a good review to drive their business.

If they did go out of their way in their care for you so much so you want to thank them, I'd have a bunch of pastries or what not delivered for their staff to enjoy together.
i agreee tipping isnt a part of their culture, so they dont expect it. However, gifting is. offering a small gift when entering someones home or meeting someone of higher rank. Its common to offer a small gift. That being said, a hand written card or small gift is a lovely gesture. But anyone who receives a hand written card would be touched

i agreee tipping isnt a part of their culture, so they dont expect it. However, gifting is. offering a small gift when entering someones home or meeting someone of higher rank. Its common to offer a small gift. That being said, a hand written card or small gift is a lovely gesture. But anyone who receives a hand written card would be touched
I agree. No matter who you are, a hand written card or note is always sweet