Is it better to have an iconic but common bag or a not-so-common bag?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
?

Do you prefer...

1. the iconic but common bag

2. the less common, recognizable bag

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I have just read the "compliment" thread.. and i am just wondering, in your opinion, which is better...

to have an iconic bag like speedy but a lot of people have them... (regardless of which style)
    or
    to have a less common bag such as duomo, knightsbridge, mahattan etc, so you stand out?

2. That's a really tough choice...I love my speedy, but I also love my lodge which I haven't seen others wearing yet!

3. I love the less common bags, but by iconic I think of Audry Hepburn in her heyday standing for the pic with her Louis Vuitton Lockit Luggage. Which by the way I believe came out in what was it 1958? or 63? something like that. And now they've redone the lockit........AUG.1ST. CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!!!

4. Todays not so common LV = Tommorows Classic LV!

5. I'm not sure.. I think a serious bag fan would have both in their collection anyways !

6. I prefer the classics, so I tend to lean toward the very classic iconic bags that have stood the test of time.

7. I agree!:yes: But I also like my bags to be "in your face" type of bags!:nuts:

8. My favorite LV bag right now is my Damier Saleya PM, which is far less commonly seen, but I'm confident it will become a classic. :yes:

9. Hmmm...thinking with my brain, I'd choose the common iconic bag because it usually works with everything forever. Thinking with my heart, I'd choose the not-so-common bag because I love it, it works with many things and I'm willing to make it work when necessary.;)

10. It's a toss up cause sometimes I like some that fall in the 1st category and sometimes the 2nd category. I tend to just get bags that I like.

11. WOW! I've never thought of this before but I agree with you COMPLETELY! :wlae:
    I also voted for the not so common bags cuz they just stand out so much more!:yahoo: I don't think I'll ever get a speedy...lol... although it's more affordable (mono canvas/damier), there's just too many fakes around, and I just don't like the shape. Each individual is unique, so everyone deserves a bag of their own.

12. As long as it's cute, beautiful or dropdead gorgeous I could care less if anybody else does or does not have it. I just have to love it.

13. Funny you asked this question... I have been looking for a new bag and just couldn't make up my mind. I wanted the UNcommon bag! Finally gave up and bought another Speedy 30 :lol: (had a brand new one and gave it to my mom). This time I bought a used one as I just don't care for the brand new vachetta.

I love them all. :love:

14. Hmmmmmmm. Good question. Since I love classic bags I don't terribly mind seeing that bag elsewhere. I just don't like seeing fakes of my classic authentics everywhere. :rant:

On the other hand, I love having that "not so common bag" too.

15. I'm with ya all the way!! I hope so too. :flowers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice