Is it bad that I don't want my city to have a Coach store?

dolcevanity

Jul 31, 2009
So I live in a growing city in Ontario, and currently our mall is being renovated to become larger. From what I've seen on the mall website, it's suppose to become more of a "higher class" mall. And I'm thinking, I DON'T want a Coach to open up here!

As much as I would love it, I just would hate to see "Coach" overload, if you know what I mean.

Also, I hate it even now, the fact that I'm spending big money to buy REAL, AUTHENTIC Coach items, when other girls are rocking fake Coaches, saying it's real. I'd hate for someone to assume mine's was fake especially when it's real. Has this happened to any of you guys? How do you deal with it?

I'm sorry if this is totally random, I just wanted to rant.

If we are speaking of Ontario Cali, I think it is too late....Southern Cali is over run with Coach and I don't think it will make a difference if there is an outlet here or not. I am in a neighboring town and am excited not to have to drive a couple of hours just to go to an outlet.

I do get annoyed seeing so much signature fakes though and signature authentic too....I don't understand why some one would wear a label on the out side of thier clothing just to tell everyone how much money they have......and to wear a fake label is just as annoying because much of the time, it just looks fake.....sorry it is late....just rambling

Don't feel bad about not wanting a COACH store at your local mall. I waver back and forth between wishing I had a boutique near by, and being greatfull I don't.

In regards to the girls running around and "rocking" their fake Coach bags...just blow it off. Anyone who knows anything about Coach will know there's are fake, and in the same sense know that yours are real. I'm sure sometimes when I go somewhere carrying my Coach bags people think they are fake, but I know they aren't and that makes me HAPPY. I don't buy my bags to make anyone happy but myself. This is also a good reason to stick to mostly all leather Coach bags!!! They are rarely replicated, and when they are it's PAINFULLY OBVIOUS!!! Most of my bags are all leather, and therfore no one around my town even knows what they are.

EXAMPLE: I had to run out to the gas station late last night to get cigarettes. I looked less then good, but didn't figure it mattered at 2 am in the morning. I walked into the store and the customer at the counter (female) kept looking at me. I thought to myself "gosh, I know I don't look the best, is it really necassary to stare?" Then I looked up on the counter because she was buying scratch off lotto tickets and saw the sadest little pink FAKE Sabrina...then it dawned on me!!! She's wasen't looking at ME, she was eyeing my all leather light grey Julainne!!! She was probably comparing her bag to mine and feeling foolish herself as the differences were quite apparant!!

PS*** I don't care who you are, how gorgeous, thin, stylish you are, NO ONE "rocks" a FAKE Coach bag, they may think they are but they aren't!!!!

I live in South Florida, more to the point Miami.. Stores are everywhere here and you can not turn around and not have a Coach Oulet, FP Store or a Department Store that carries Coach. We even have one of the Few FlagShip Stores in the country and it is at the Mall that is attached to my job..

The desire to have Coach is in Us not just because there is a store near by. I buy Coach everywhere, actually I have only purchased FOBS and a Clutch at the Coach Store. The Outlet, Dept Stores, Ebay and Bonanzle get my business.

As to the fake issue, even in an area full of Coach Bargans, Outlet, Dept Reduction there are tones of fakes every place. I do not care that someone thinks my bag is fake, it is not and you can tell. Also a well known Coach Lover no one believes I wear fake Coach bags. If someone I do not know thinks my Coach is fake that is on them..

Further on the fake bag issue the same can be said of LV, Fendi, Gucci and other well know bags. They get copied and people wear them it does not mean you should not buy them or that some one will think that yours is fake.

On the over load issue, all big cities have alot of everything it is normal and sometimes when you have so much you notice it less than when you have none...

I understand what you mean, but... I too live in Ontario, east of Toronto, and I would love to have a Coach factory store within an hour or two or where I live. Niagara Falls is a very long way from me!

Im in MB and we dont have COACH here. I know that I complain about it but for the most part, I know how you feel. Im glad that we dont have COACH anywhere in the province for the same reasons. I feel that COACH is special here because not many people have it.

I love living near an outlet. Yes, I do see a lot of authentic Coach at Safeway and Nob Hill and yes I was pleased that I got the last black sig Zoe and haven't seen any others since I've been out.
The fakes I see tend to be LV although sometimes I do notice the Goaches.

I also get the feeling a lot of the outlet shoppers I see are ebay resellers.

From where I live, the nearest Coach boutique is over 3.5 hours to the West or 2.5 hours to the East. Outlets are no closer -they are in the same areas as the boutiques. :crybaby: The only other means to a real Coach around here is at the itty, bitty Coach counter in Dillard's -and it doesn't have much to choose from. Lots of people around here have fakes but many have real ones -but in no way can the quantity compare with when I go to a larger city with boutiques and outlets. For instance, I once got to visit an outlet mall in a Houston suburb and EVERYONE I saw had a Coach bag. Since there was a Coach store there, I assumed they were all real.

But where I live, there aren't as many people with them. Makes me feel kinda special (even if in a warped way). :amuse: However, I would still love to have at least a boutique around so I could see all the goods up close and personal. Since I usually buy on the Coach website, it would be nice if I could see the bag before I buy it. Plus, I could better plan an excursion to the outlet that is hours away.