Is it acceptable to receive a smushed CL box?

linakpl

Mar 18, 2011
Hi ladies! Is it acceptable for an Ebay seller to sell you a pair of shoes with box and then package it in soft envelope type packaging so the corner of the box is smushed in? There was no noticeable damage to the shoes but I've purchsed CLs from Ebay before and this is my first time ever getting a smushed box :sad: I'm not sure if I'm making a huge deal out of something that might not be such a big deal, but I like keeping my shoes in their boxes. Should I mention anything to the seller or just keep my mouth shut and deal with it?

linakpl said:
Hi ladies! Is it acceptable for an Ebay seller to sell you a pair of shoes with box and then package it in soft envelope type packaging so the corner of the box is smushed in? There was no noticeable damage to the shoes but I've purchsed CLs from Ebay before and this is my first time ever getting a smushed box :sad: I'm not sure if I'm making a huge deal out of something that might not be such a big deal, but I like keeping my shoes in their boxes. Should I mention anything to the seller or just keep my mouth shut and deal with it?

If the shoes are fine, I don't really think it's a big deal. At least it wouldn't bother me.

no big deal, as long as the shoes are perfect condition that's all that matters to me...enjoy them :smile: ps - what shoes did you get?

I got my first pair of Rolandos! :smile: Super excited to wear them! I think I'm going to test drive them at a Thanksgiving party :biggrin:

Thank you ladies for all your advice! I'm glad I didn't mention it to the seller because hindsight I would've been one of THOSE buyers -_-

I think if the shoes are OK, no big deal, but it would bother me.....I generally will not buy unless they have the original box, but then to put the box in an envelope(done just to save on shipping cost--i.e. buyer is making money on shipping cost) is just bad.....I guess it depends on how much the seller charged for shipping.....If the shipping charge was high, I would expect that the shoes and box got shipped in another box....if it was cut rate or free shipping, then I guess there is not much to complain about.....so it really depends on how much he charged for shipping....you should at least take that into account....

I got my first pair of Rolandos! :smile: Super excited to wear them! I think I'm going to test drive them at a Thanksgiving party :biggrin:

Thank you ladies for all your advice! I'm glad I didn't mention it to the seller because hindsight I would've been one of THOSE buyers -_-

Yay, they will look lovely, I hope you post pics in the purchases or outfit thread :smile:

My wife wanted perfect boxes for her first few pairs - as she puts them out for diplay on the top shelf of her closet. After the first 2-3 boxes made it to the display shelf, she doesn't care. I should take a few closet shots some day...