Is it a good deal?

I saw this bag online. Chanel classic flap bag, caviar skin, Black, medium size (255),golden hardware. The owner asks for US$1,700. Is it a good price for this bag? Anyone know how much it would cost for a new, identical bag in Australia? or US? :smile:

Picture168_1284693990.jpg

Picture178_1284694031.jpg

Picture171_1284693991.jpg

Picture172_1284694018.jpg

Picture173_1284694019.jpg

Last edited:
Only you can define what a "good" deal is. If you're fine with the condition, then go for it! Personally, I'd only buy pre-owned if it was in mint condition or hard to find. In the world of Chanel, $1700 might not seem like a lot, but in the real world it's a lot of money! $1700 can go a long way. Don't just buy it because it's a Chanel or the price is low. I think you should keep saving up until a better bag comes along. Just be patient.

Only you can define what a "good" deal is. If you're fine with the condition, then go for it! Personally, I'd only buy pre-owned if it was in mint condition or hard to find. In the world of Chanel, $1700 might not seem like a lot, but in the real world it's a lot of money! $1700 can go a long way. Don't just buy it because it's a Chanel or the price is low. I think you should keep saving up until a better bag comes along. Just be patient.

Don't just buy it because it's a Chanel or the price is low.

--Good advice!

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your advises :amuse:. Hopefully I will find something better soon. My birthday is coming next month, just want to have something really special :P
Another noobie question: except ebay, is there any website/shop (in Sydney) I can look for a pre-owned bag? I can't afford to have a new bag yet :sos:

Last edited: