Is it a good deal?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    I saw this bag online. Chanel classic flap bag, caviar skin, Black, medium size (255),golden hardware. The owner asks for US$1,700. Is it a good price for this bag? Anyone know how much it would cost for a new, identical bag in Australia? or US? :smile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hmmm...make sure you are comfortable with the wrinkling or creases on the lower bottom of the bag. GL

3. I dislike that creases with deflating quilted.

So, I would say...no.

4. for a caviar to deflat..... and wrinkled...i say NO!!!

5. Its a good price if you compare to the price of a brand new one but are you comfortable with the condition?

6. Only you can define what a "good" deal is. If you're fine with the condition, then go for it! Personally, I'd only buy pre-owned if it was in mint condition or hard to find. In the world of Chanel, $1700 might not seem like a lot, but in the real world it's a lot of money! $1700 can go a long way. Don't just buy it because it's a Chanel or the price is low. I think you should keep saving up until a better bag comes along. Just be patient.

7. Don't just buy it because it's a Chanel or the price is low.

--Good advice!

8. #9 Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your advises :amuse:. Hopefully I will find something better soon. My birthday is coming next month, just want to have something really special :P
    Another noobie question: except ebay, is there any website/shop (in Sydney) I can look for a pre-owned bag? I can't afford to have a new bag yet :sos: