Is Hermes more important than safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not let go of my bag. I would fight back because then it would mean that I allow people to steal from me and do bad stuff :boxing: I have very fast reflexes and strong arms so beware...

These stories are scary... Glad everyone is ok!
Yup, the bag would be gone. I would drop it and run, I'm a big wimp! If it was one of my puggies however, then that would be a different story!
Actually I 'told' my Mum off the other day when I noticed she was clipping the car seat belt over her and through the handles of her bag, so it couldn't get stolen. After I pointed out how silly it was she has stopped doing it. Life is far more important!

Everything can be replaced. Definitely let the bag, or anything else the robber wants, go. If you have insurance, that's great, and if you don't, then at least you still have your well being and your life to be thankful for.

It's impossible to know what I would do until it happens. These guys are usually practised and things happen so fast...

I am a very stubborn person and I am ferocious when I see abuse to an animal or child in front of me and have put myself in what might have been considered 'danger' by making my feelings known and getting involved in situations that really were 'none of my business' but then a) what's right is right and people shouldn't think they can get away with something because everyone will turn a blind eye or 'give in' and b) I can't seem to help myself.

I agree that letting go of the bag is the sanest and prob the best thing to do but knowing my past 'knee-jerk' behaviour I will prob scream so loud, kick so hard and pull the bag so hard I will break my darling bag and get sued by the robber for making him/her deaf and infertile.

Thank you both Florasun and Gypas for your kind concern, I am still left very shaken by the whole incident. Thugs dont care how much hurt they cause you physically or mentally when they attack you.:hugs:

It's impossible to know what I would do until it happens. These guys are usually practised and things happen so fast...

I am a very stubborn person and I am ferocious when I see abuse to an animal or child in front of me and have put myself in what might have been considered 'danger' by making my feelings known and getting involved in situations that really were 'none of my business' but then a) what's right is right and people shouldn't think they can get away with something because everyone will turn a blind eye or 'give in' and b) I can't seem to help myself.

I agree that letting go of the bag is the sanest and prob the best thing to do but knowing my past 'knee-jerk' behaviour I will prob scream so loud, kick so hard and pull the bag so hard I will break my darling bag and get sued by the robber for making him/her deaf and infertile.

Papertiger - you and I are very similar. I have a tendency to go to a bad place when I or one of my friends is physically threatened. In college I was attacked on campus right outside of my dorm late at night. Nothing like that had ever happened to me before and my instinct was to fight back. Luckily the attackers were so stunned that a woman would fight back that they stopped long enough for a security guard to come around the corner. I had a shiner for a week but the guy that did it was probably way worse off than me.

Knowing this about myself I have always remember that if someone goes after my bag I should just let it go and not fight. Instincts are hard to deny though. Hopefully I am getting smarter with age but I am not sure about that. If they want my bag badly enough to come after it they can have it is what I tell myself but who knows.

Papertiger - you and I are very similar. I have a tendency to go to a bad place when I or one of my friends is physically threatened. In college I was attacked on campus right outside of my dorm late at night. Nothing like that had ever happened to me before and my instinct was to fight back. Luckily the attackers were so stunned that a woman would fight back that they stopped long enough for a security guard to come around the corner. I had a shiner for a week but the guy that did it was probably way worse off than me.

Same here. While in Las Vegas 6 years ago, a man dropped off a short balcony landing on my girlfriend. Without even thinking I right-hooked him in the jaw, he flew a few steps back and took off. It all happened so fast I didn't even have time to think.

^^ That was an all-out attack. If someone approached & threatened me demanding my bag, I'd gladly toss it at them and take off the other direction in exchange for my safety.

I certainly can't enjoy my handbag if I'm dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.