Is having your " special order" bag really worth it ?

Kite214

Keep In Touch Eh
O.G.
Feb 6, 2010
Considering money wise (30% more the regular price) plus the waiting time?(3-4 months wait) So, is it really worth it or not?

But, what if after you have made the "made to order", the bags become a part of regular line, e.g. Speedy damier.

well, there are no guarantees in life, but I do think LV stops taking special orders a good while before they would introduce a bag into the regualar line. That way one would get to enjoy it for a while longer before it "showed up everywhere".
On the other hand, they could stop taking SOs all together, and then yours would be all the more special, no?

It depends on how much you want the bag a certain way and how much youre willing to spend, really.

Thanks for the thoughts, Mowcam, I truly adore your SO Galliera:love: And I am eyeing on that, too?

Pretty nice to know that the bag is especially made for you, right? However, I don't want to pay 30% markup on a bag that is going to be in a regular line soon?

I'm going to chime in here - I do think special orders are worth it and worth the money for a different reason than most people are going to think about. Special orders generally are made in france and are handmade, or at least not on the same assembly-line type manufacturing process that they are once it's part of the permanent line. (Unfortunately, about 10 years ago, they started streamlining their manufacturing process to keep up with demand).

So, for me anyway, I do feel the 30% extra for a special order might be worth it in terms of attention to detail, quality and time spent, not to mention the knowledge that this particular bag was made solely for you. So even if it's part of the permanent line later, I still think the extra cost might be worth it.

I'm going to chime in here - I do think special orders are worth it and worth the money for a different reason than most people are going to think about. Special orders generally are made in france and are handmade, or at least not on the same assembly-line type manufacturing process that they are once it's part of the permanent line. (Unfortunately, about 10 years ago, they started streamlining their manufacturing process to keep up with demand).

So, for me anyway, I do feel the 30% extra for a special order might be worth it in terms of attention to detail, quality and time spent, not to mention the knowledge that this particular bag was made solely for you. So even if it's part of the permanent line later, I still think the extra cost might be worth it.

I completely agree with this. My SO Damier Ebene was only $300 more. That's really not much considering the cost of LV.

i had no idea. i think this would be totally worth it. do you notice the difference?

I think SO are worth it to get a bag YOU LOVE!!

Definitely !

And the damier pochette was also originally an SO item, but now is in regular production. I bought my Navona back then ! :sad: The SO-ed speedies and pochettes in damier are actually a little different from the current regular line items (different interior).

:ty:Thank you ladies, for all the "well said" inputs. It does help me decide to go ahead with my decision on getting a made-to-order bag.

I will surely do a reveal in 6 months time:idea: