Is Gucci priced less in Italy?

It's not priced less in Italy but there is a magnificent Gucci outlet, near Guccio Gucci's birthplace in Florence and Gucci's natural home in the via della Vigna Nuova

Here is an article you can read on the great man

http://www.theflorentine.net/articles/article-view.asp?issuetocId=4664

and here is about the outlet

http://www.enjoyflorence.com/gucci-outlet-the-mall.htm

The Summer sale will not start till the end of June or beg of July and the stock will not reach the outlet until 2/3 weeks later.

BTW there is so much to do in Rome and Florance of a cultural nature don't worry about shopping so much - in Italy all the shops are wonderful esp the little boutiques. Enjoy yourself!

LOL....Yes, I love Italy, lived there as a child.....just curious because on the LV threads there were many discussions regarding LVs costing much less in France...wondering if the same would apply to Gucci as well.

LOL....Yes, I love Italy, lived there as a child.....just curious because on the LV threads there were many discussions regarding LVs costing much less in France...wondering if the same would apply to Gucci as well.

Then I don't have to tell you about bella Italia , you can guide me ;)

I think Hermes might be maginally less-expensive in France too (did you notice i didn't use the word 'cheaper'? :P)

papertiger: I thought Gucci is not as expensive in Europe.. since I went there a few years back. and I got a gucci black denim shopper, as I recalled the price is lower than in US.. and in addition, we will get the VAT..so it makes it cheaper to get than in US..

hahha.. I wish I can go back.. this time.. to the Outlet hahahah

papertiger: I thought Gucci is not as expensive in Europe.. since I went there a few years back. and I got a gucci black denim shopper, as I recalled the price is lower than in US.. and in addition, we will get the VAT..so it makes it cheaper to get than in US..

hahha.. I wish I can go back.. this time.. to the Outlet hahahah

On a whole I think Gucci and most high-end Euro brands are less expensive in Euope than in other territories - like the US but Hermes and Chanel are a little 'less expnsive' still than in other European countries in France. I think this is not true of Gucci in Italy as Euro-zone Europe shares the same price with the exeption of non-euro currency countries. Phew, sounds complicated but I hope you know what I mean.