Is Gucci Marmont Camera Bag out of style?

Strange. This is one of those Gucci bags that I loved in the beginning, but the more I see it around me, the less I like it. Thankfully I don't own one.

Gucci Soho Disco on the other hand is a winner. I see it all the time, I love it. Haven't bought it yet.

I have this and love it to bits, ended up getting it as a gift for my sister who lives overseas. I agree that its a popular bag and I do spot it more than any other but I still enjoy mine.

Think about it like a popular car model, it doesn’t matter if there are many on the road coz you are having fun in yours.

It’s my most used item and well worth the money.

I was torn with the same question, 2 years ago I was in Italy for a wedding and was planning to buy my first designer bag, which I thought would be the Gucci Camera bag that seemed to be everywhere. When I tried it on at the store I was not feeling it and saw the classic Gucci canvas print on the Dionysus wallet on the chain and immediately fell in love. I chose that and have not regretted it. As far as camera bags go, check out the YSL one, similar looking to the Gucci but bigger and I think overall nicer. I bought mine last year and I love!

I love the Marmont bags and own many. I bought them because I love the classy style and can be carried when I am dressed up in the evening or casual daytime. I don't buy a bag because it's a " IT" bag of the moment , I buy what makes me happy and if the bag works for me.
May i ask you which marmonts you have?

I absolutely love my blue velvet Marmont flap, I always get compliments on it. I also love my marmont mini camera bag, perfect for holidays and evenings out. :smile: They're both so versatile.

I love the new marmont collection in pastel colors; the blue particularly. Can anyone tell me how likely it is it will get color transfer?? I am generally careful with my bags but don't want to have to be super worried or baby it if color transfer happens easily.

Reactions: jaskg144
I love the new marmont collection in pastel colors; the blue particularly. Can anyone tell me how likely it is it will get color transfer?? I am generally careful with my bags but don't want to have to be super worried or baby it if color transfer happens easily.

I'd guess it would, so be careful with jeans, darker coats etc. The leather used in the marmont line is quite soft and doesn't have much of a grain to it, so imo colour transfer can happen quite easily with a lighter colour. I have a tiny bit of colour transfer on my beige marmont, but not too noticeable.

Reactions: louislove29
I'd guess it would, so be careful with jeans, darker coats etc. The leather used in the marmont line is quite soft and doesn't have much of a grain to it, so imo colour transfer can happen quite easily with a lighter colour. I have a tiny bit of colour transfer on my beige marmont, but not too noticeable.
Sorry to keep asking questions but would you say ALL jeans could be risky, like even old pairs I have washed a million times?? Or more so new ones?