is gucci less expensive in italy?

I purchased two Gucci's in Italy in May and they were about $150 less for each bag. I got the paperwork to file for VAT while at the store and the process was pretty easy when I got to the airport. However, I still have not received my VAT refund yet and that was 2 1/2 months ago.

I purchased two Gucci's in Italy in May and they were about $150 less for each bag. I got the paperwork to file for VAT while at the store and the process was pretty easy when I got to the airport. However, I still have not received my VAT refund yet and that was 2 1/2 months ago.

pama, it usually take 2-3 billing cycles to see VAT refund if you put it back on your credit card.

Well my VAT refund posted to my charge card today :woohoo:The total cost for my messenger and princy was $1,112. If I had purchased them in the states in would have been $1,478 (with tax) so I saved $366 on the two bags :yahoo:

i had a similar experience to the post above! i was in italy in summer 2004 and purchased a small horsebit bag from tom ford's last collection. before i did i checked the prices on the internet in dollars and converted to euros and it was still cheaper! also on the plus side, i ended up getting the same bag in a different shape and turns out it was never sold over here! i have NOT regretted it for a second, so if you see one you really like, keep in mind that you might not be able to find it once you get back to the states!

I was just in Rome! Damn, I didn't realize that. I thought that with the conversion and the US dollar down in value, it would've been about the same. I would've gotten my most wanted pelham and a wallet! :crybaby: