Is Gucci A safe brand to buy...?

soxcoco7

Aug 15, 2020
I am looking at getting a Gucci bag for my wife her first luxury bag and I had some concerns. I hope you guys and girls can answer if possible.

1. Do you feel Gucci bags have a bad image due to media in comparison to say LV?
2. Do you think Gucci is the most faked handbag in comparison to other brands?
3. How would you say the quality of Gucci is to LV?
4. Lastly is there any bag to avoid that Gucci sells currently.

I love the look of most of there bags so just wanted to address these concerns first. Thank you.

1. Do you feel Gucci bags have a bad image due to media in comparison to say LV?
No

All brands are faked

Better overall but it also depends on the bag

No - I don't like the microfibre lining so only buy bags without.

I should also say. Louis Vuitton and Gucci are competitors more in terms of strategy and price architecture. There are plenty that like both and have both. But, their products are aesthetic are very different, it's chalk and cheese and apples and pears. If your wife loves LV buy her an LV bag.

Reactions: soxcoco7
No

All brands are faked

Better overall but it also depends on the bag

No - I don't like the microfibre lining so only buy bags without.

I should also say. Louis Vuitton and Gucci are competitors more in terms of strategy and price architecture. There are plenty that like both and have both. But, their products are aesthetic are very different, it's chalk and cheese and apples and pears. If your wife loves LV buy her an LV bag.

Do you have any insight on like currently what bags are considered either more in or higher quality in Gucci line I am very new to luxury bags so I’ve learned a lot about Louis Vuitton but trying to learn about Gucci now because I like their designs more.

Do you have any insight on like currently what bags are considered either more in or higher quality in Gucci line I am very new to luxury bags so I’ve learned a lot about Louis Vuitton but trying to learn about Gucci now because I like their designs more.

Which bag(s) did you have in mind?

Which bag(s) did you have in mind?

So I like the 1955 horsebit shoulder bag but I like the canvas and leather look however not being all leather worry's me on wear.
Next I can't tell if I like the Jackie I'm torn but the colors are cool.
The marmot seems very neat like a Chanel flap vibe to it.
The Dionysus bags are also stunning with the symbol and all leather seems nice.
Lastly the padlock bee star looks good too.

Any opions on those lines or quality of them.

If it helps I love the twist mini and mylockmebb that LV makes but just can't justify the cost of them.

Thank you by the way for your help

Reactions: Roie55
No bags are faked more than the LV canvas products. Both brands make good leather products, both have great leather choices if your wife likes the brands, unless your wondering about other brands like YSL, Givenchy, Chanel, etc. All the LV canvas bags have microfibe lining if you want to avoid it. You mention liking the Gucci line - what about it do you like ? we can work on that for suggestions.
some suggestions:
elegant line, lovely, not a trendy line i believe

also elegant and lovely, not trendy either

More of a trendy line, but there are some lovely elegant pieces here, the canvas and leather mixes, the B&W ones,

Reactions: papertiger
Yes ! Good choice I believe the canvas is very hardy
So I like the 1955 horsebit shoulder bag but I like the canvas and leather look however not being all leather worry's me on wear.

Yes good choice

mmmm see my comments below, the black versions are highly faked and everywhere

Yes

Yes

Yes on the mylock
If it helps I love the twist mini and mylockmebb that LV makes but just can't justify the cost of them.

Reactions: papertiger

Any opions on those lines or quality of them.

Thank you by the way for your help

I have a 1955 shoulder bag (but Baiadera print velvet jacquard) and a vintage Bouvier (like the Jackie but flatter, an older style). I can recommend both.

The 1955 in the sig-print and leather looks great, but check your wife likes that look. There is also another canvas version without any logos that has navy leather trim and red leather interior. All versions are pretty durable except the python, calf hair or velvet. The strap is fully adjustable. The bag will always smarten up an outfit.

The Jackie 1961 is arriving in store and available online. Hermes have just relaunched their Trim I too, a very similar bag, so this will be a popular fashion statement this year. I haven't seen the new versions IRL yet, but they will be a great little casual runaround and can be dressed up too. There is also a signature print/web-stripe version.

If your wife likes Chanel, then the Dionysus, Padlock or Marmont would be be a good choice because of the chain. The Marmont is far more casual but can also be dressed-up, it's also at a very good price point for a designer bag.

Personally I find Gucci to be higher quality than most. I have several YSL and Prada bags and a handful of LV and honestly I can say that I prefer the quality of Gucci. I think Celine has some really nice options too! The Marmont line through Gucci is a nice option. I really love the Dionysus it’s very luxurious.

So we have narrowed it down to two bags and we cannot go see them in person as there is no where around us. Any help on these 2 bags would be great.

We like the Marmont small shoulder bag / matlasse ( don't know whats different with those 2 versions)and the Padlock bee star. Both in white.

Any opinions on these two bags. How do they hold up, are they newer or going away. We have never owned a luxury bag before and this will be a everyday bag for my wife so looking for any imput you may have on these 2 bags.

So we have narrowed it down to two bags and we cannot go see them in person as there is no where around us. Any help on these 2 bags would be great.

We like the Marmont small shoulder bag / matlasse ( don't know whats different with those 2 versions)and the Padlock bee star. Both in white.

Any opinions on these two bags. How do they hold up, are they newer or going away. We have never owned a luxury bag before and this will be a everyday bag for my wife so looking for any imput you may have on these 2 bags.

Both are established models, the Marmont slightly softer in shape.

Reactions: HeatherGrace
I am looking at getting a Gucci bag for my wife her first luxury bag and I had some concerns. I hope you guys and girls can answer if possible.

I love the look of most of there bags so just wanted to address these concerns first. Thank you.

Hello, i think its great that you are getting your wife her first luxury bag! :smile: Would love to help you with your concerns..

I won't say it has a bad image, they have very different branding directions and hence appeal to a different people.

some say imitations are the best forms of ' flattery' ..Tbh, i have seen a large number of imitations/similar designs for/inspired from fendi, Lv, gucci, hermes and even loewe online..

this is strictly based on my personal experience. i love the current gucci designs but not the quality. I have a wallet from i think 10-15 years back, and its stitching/ glued portions were flawless. i have seen the current wallet conditions in store and have been put off as sometimes, they dont seem to glue it together properly etc.. With regards to LV, there are some models that do have quality issues like glazing, smell etc. I have had a bag that smells different though they are the same coated canva material.

I think the most important consideration to have is
1) does the bag suit your wife, in terms of size, style , colour and lifestyle. ( is she no frills, and like easy access to her item, etc)
2) function of the bag - would you like to see her using it on a daily basis or for special occasions.

hope i have helped! :smile:

Reactions: HeatherGrace