Is Goyard well known in Western/Eastern Europe?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Judging from the celebrity sightings, this brand is known in some small circles within the US and Asia, but what about Europe?
Does anyone know? I'm just curious so that I know what to expect (e.g. theft) when I go on holiday. TIA!

Goyard is very well known in Europe. It is a brand that is older then Louis Vuitton and Hermes. There shop is not far from Hermes in Paris and is friendly. They will do custom bags and are easy to work with.

Goyard is very well known in Europe. It is a brand that is older then Louis Vuitton and Hermes. There shop is not far from Hermes in Paris and is friendly. They will do custom bags and are easy to work with.

I believe the opposite. IMO Goyard is quite unknown here, even though the brand is French. Ok, if you go to France some people might know the brand, but unless you are a very bag-conscious European, you wouldn't know what that pattern represents. I don't think thiefs would single you out based on the Goyard, but being cautious in general is never bad

I've seen Goyard in London and Paris (I didn't spot any in the south of France), but didn't see any in Milan. I also saw a few in Moscow. I hope this helps! I agree though, just be aware of the bag when you're carrying it, and you'll be all right- with the St. Louis, folding in the corners and carrying it slightly in front of you would be best to detract pickpocketers.

I'm French and I can tell you that Goyard is really unknown.
People who know Goyard usually have money for an Hermès Birkin. Which means, mainly old ultra fashion ladies (~40years old).
I've never seen any in Italia.

Goyard is known in US, cause of Barneys NY.

hello!

new to goyard sub forum somehow never imagined goyard to be on PF!
seen plenty ( at least 10) st louis pm hanging off some very fashionable females around st honore & georges v last week.

also, japanese tourists carrying them in london, out and about in bond st.
I love the st louis!