Is goyard still truely handpainted???

qaz393

Jun 20, 2010
I was just looking at some trunks off ebay (vintage). The quality of painting compared to the modern bags are very different. the vintage ones are very messy while the new ones are nearly perfect with each other.

Is the canvas still hand painted?

If you compare bag to bag, the prints are not the same. Some thinner, some messier... I believe because of different handpainters =)

I was just looking at some trunks off ebay (vintage). The quality of painting compared to the modern bags are very different. the vintage ones are very messy while the new ones are nearly perfect with each other.

Is the canvas still hand painted?

I also noticed that the paint looks too perfect. I feel that they do not hand paint all of their bags anymore. How else would the patterns look exactly alike? With the bags becoming so mainstream, they have to keep up with the orders so they would have to find a faster way of making the bags. It is suppose to take several days just to make 1 bag.... I'm a little leery.:nono:

stencils?

Just found that out, actually! They use stencils but to me that kind of takes away from the artistry of the bag. I feel a bit disappointed; especially for the prices that they are charging. I feel like the company is being greedy because the brand is becoming more mainstream... product does not match the price... I still appreciate the history, though.:smile:

Just found that out, actually! They use stencils but to me that kind of takes away from the artistry of the bag. I feel a bit disappointed; especially for the prices that they are charging. I feel like the company is being greedy because the brand is becoming more mainstream... product does not match the price... I still appreciate the history, though.:smile:

stancils or else it makes the bag looks like garbage. id rather have hand plus stancle than machine or no stancil.

stancils or else it makes the bag looks like garbage. id rather have hand plus stancle than machine or no stancil.

Honestly, if you are paying that kind of money, they should keep the traditional way of making the bags and it should still look good. I personally do not mind the imperfect dots (as long as it doesn't look crazy :wacko:). I think it adds much more character and individuality to the pieces, which means that every one would be truly unique; justifying a high premium.

Okay. I'm still unclear. It's still hand painted, but with a stencil to keep the pattern neat? If that's the case, then that's okay. But, I still like the idea of hand painted without a stencil. Maybe Goyard would take a non stencil request?

at least its not like LV or chanel where you pay for stuff that peels (Damier Ebene Neverfull on the handles and the top bit, or the leather between the chain straps are peeling (Chanel)) at least its still 'handpainted' even with a stencil....