is gold back?

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
It happens I see more and more gold harware in these days.. For a long period gold was so rare I started thinking I would have to make a SO to get it. But it seems gold is back. Or maybe it's just me?

just look at jewelery! gold was always there (and always will) but during the last years a lot of people preffered silver metals and as h was amongst the few who offered silver hardware it was top choice now that fashion swings back to yellow or rose gold so is the request fro gold hardware bags kwim?

it is also different dependend on where you are in the world in some areas gold was always big in others like asia you would have very very rarely seen it

but these swings are common and willl always be there just look at different colors or croc shiny vs matte etc etc . stick with what you love most and because you love it it will show thus i say personality is always "in" kwim?

I see quite a few gold HW items coming into my store, but unfortunately for me I really do not like gold HW... or maybe fortunately, in consideration of my wallet! I haven't been into H for long enough to say if it was gone, but in the year or so that I've been watching H products, I can't say I noticed much of a shortage of it.

I've heard there's a return to gold aswell! I'm glad b/c it's CLASSIC Hermès; I remember when there was ONLY gold H/W! I like both, it depends on the colour of the bag, some I prefer with gold and others with silver. I think it's nice to have a variety!

Well, gold HW has always been my favourite, I am glad if there is a return to gold.

That said I have always had this feeling that certain colours call for a certain hardware. For instance, White, white with gold is a kind of granny combination to me, but white with palladium is a stunner. Some others are fine with either one or the other, such as black for example.

Well, gold HW has always been my favourite, I am glad if there is a return to gold.

That said I have always had this feeling that certain colours call for a certain hardware. For instance, White, white with gold is a kind of granny combination to me, but white with palladium is a stunner. Some others are fine with either one or the other, such as black for example.

Completely agree with both of your observations!

I lean towards warmer colors in leather, so I choose gold (plus my wedding rings are gold as well!).