Is Francine heavy?

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
Someone had asked on another post if the Francine is heavy. I purchased the teal one yesterday and put my stuff in it this morning and carried it around for the day. I don't find it to be heavy at all compared to the Cole Haan that I was carrying for summer from last year. They both have the long shoulder strap and short handle but I think the Francine is lighter. So far...so good. I like the wide piece on the strap too that makes the shoulder strap comfortable.

I carried the Miranda and the Francine around the store today, the Miranda is really heavy even when it's empty, the Francine seemed ok.

One thing I have noticed about the Francine today while carrying it is that it does "flip" sometimes while on the shoulder. I don't always zip it up and it was pouring down rain and I was afraid my stuff was going to pour out when it flipped. Anyone else had that problem?

I keep so much in it that it has never flipped. I use the top set of rings, but I do notice that when your carrying it with the strap, the top of the bag has a tendency to fold over. I love, love, love the look of my Francine, but it's a little difficult to carry.

I keep so much in it that it has never flipped. I use the top set of rings, but I do notice that when your carrying it with the strap, the top of the bag has a tendency to fold over. I love, love, love the look of my Francine, but it's a little difficult to carry.

Yes, I've noticed that the top folds over a little as the leather softens up.

As far as the heaviness, I have put all of my stuff in my handbags in Vera Bradley bags. I use a Vera Bradley billfold, pencil case, cosmetic bag, etc. so that I can easily change bags and also because the Vera Bradley bags are cotton and they weigh NOTHING. I've had beautiful leather billfolds but I'm finding as I carry bigger purses, it's just too much on my shoulder to carry a lot of heavy items and also they get lost in the big bags without some kind of "compartments".

I do think this Francine has a stable bottom and my items stay much more easily organized. Caught several people "eyeing" my Teal Francine yesterday. Love it!

Yes, I've noticed that the top folds over a little as the leather softens up.

As far as the heaviness, I have put all of my stuff in my handbags in Vera Bradley bags. I use a Vera Bradley billfold, pencil case, cosmetic bag, etc. so that I can easily change bags and also because the Vera Bradley bags are cotton and they weigh NOTHING. I've had beautiful leather billfolds but I'm finding as I carry bigger purses, it's just too much on my shoulder to carry a lot of heavy items and also they get lost in the big bags without some kind of "compartments".

I do think this Francine has a stable bottom and my items stay much more easily organized. Caught several people "eyeing" my Teal Francine yesterday. Love it!

Me too! I have the Vera mircofiber accessories for the same reasons. Keep it all together, easier to switch purses in a hurry and lighter than a bunch of leather.

Me too! I have the Vera mircofiber accessories for the same reasons. Keep it all together, easier to switch purses in a hurry and lighter than a bunch of leather.

Love the microfiber too! I have quite a few pieces in the black in totes, laptop bags, etc. My pieces for my purse are regular Vera, Windsor Navy pattern I believe. I bought that particular billfold because it has a place for a pen and checkbook and I haven't seen one in the Microfiber that does. I tried one of the new snapclose billfolds at Nordstrom that has the skin look on the outside and metal around the edges and snaps closed like a rectangular case. My stuff put a strain on the snap, so back to Vera. It was also heavy.

What color is your Francine? Or did you say? Sorry.

Love the microfiber too! I have quite a few pieces in the black in totes, laptop bags, etc. My pieces for my purse are regular Vera, Windsor Navy pattern I believe. I bought that particular billfold because it has a place for a pen and checkbook and I haven't seen one in the Microfiber that does. I tried one of the new snapclose billfolds at Nordstrom that has the skin look on the outside and metal around the edges and snaps closed like a rectangular case. My stuff put a strain on the snap, so back to Vera. It was also heavy.

What color is your Francine? Or did you say? Sorry.

I am getting one in purple. I found one thanks to Taralindsey:yahoo:

I am getting one in purple. I found one thanks to Taralindsey:yahoo:

Great! I hope you'll post pictures of the purple when you get it. The teal color doesn't look exactly like it does on the Coach website so I'd like to see an actual picture of the purple. I think you'll be very happy with it. I have looked at a lot of summer bags by Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lockheart, etc. but this Francine had the features that I like AND the look. ;)

Great! I hope you'll post pictures of the purple when you get it. The teal color doesn't look exactly like it does on the Coach website so I'd like to see an actual picture of the purple. I think you'll be very happy with it. I have looked at a lot of summer bags by Marc by Marc Jacobs, Lockheart, etc. but this Francine had the features that I like AND the look. ;)

I will. Not sure how long it will take from Texas to here from Macys, but will post her picture when she gets here. :heart: