Is Fendi trying to copy the speedy?

I think that's a really hot Fendi! I also noticed their new bucket bags, similar to LV, but at the same time, like others have said, lots of brands have similar shapes, I saw a speedy-ish shaped coach today...I don't even know if it was real tho, I don't really like coach

I've seen different 'Boston' bags before and they have that over all shape but the reason this one looks like it is the color of the monogram and also the gold lock on the side. Looking at that pink Dior boston bag with flowers would never resemble the speedy to me. I have seen a versace bag (also on elux) that has the same type of zipper pull/lock as the MC speedy...so they all copy! I would think the speedy came first though.

e_pinpin:i think theres a 'boston' bag for every brand...u can't really pinpoint who invented it i guess haha :smile:

I completely agreed with u dear. I think no label can claim they did the "speedy" or "boston" style nor even LV. I'm open to all labels so I don't have really a bias. LVMH owns Celine as well their mongram bags are so similar as well.

Essentially bags are like many things in the world. Bag styles would have evolved from another bag. I would say that the shape of your typical doctor's bag probably led to the speedy shape for LV and many other labels or "boston".

So it's not copying really speedy or boston etc are nice shape and so handy to lots of things in. Speedy fans if u guys wanna check the history by all means LOL

yeah, many companies do that "boston bag" shape I've seen them from Fendi, Gucci, Burberry, Prada, Dior.......It's really a common general style handbag, not sure who is 100% responsible for it's origin.....The boston bag tends to be slightly different than the speedy though IMO....

IMO, it's not same with LV speedy...handle is longer, logos is def. different...and yes every brand has boston style. In fact, shiny silver and gold (especially gold) is a trend of this season, I had seen it in Gucci, Chanel, Fendi, and Marc Jacobs.