Is Fashion House Fine Jewelry Worth It?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away seven more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on fashion house's jewelry, such as LV, Gucci, and Hermes, especially compared to traditional jewelry houses such as T&Co, VCA, and Cartier.

I bought the bracelet LV did for charity (only silver) as I collect the style, but have to say it wasn't as well thought out in terms of functionality as I'd like. Is this common in designer pieces like this? Considering something comparable from T&CO is a fraction of the cost, it makes me reluctant to buy jewelry outside of designers focused on jewelry. Is this a one-off? Are there design houses/pieces that are worth it?

2. I have bought jewelry from Hermes and Gucci because I love equestrian themed jewelry. Their sterling silver is substantial and the pieces are well made...so I'd say worth it.

3. I tend to stick to "proper" jewellery houses like Cartier, Tiffany, mikimoto etc because I feel like they are most experienced at it and the quality is reputable. I've never tried fine jewellery from fashion houses, only costume (mostly Chanel) but even that I sold away as the quality was terrible.

4. I tend to buy what I like. I don't buy costume jewelry & personally think that branded costume jewelry cost more due to the name not the quality. I do, however, own some Gucci sterling silver jewelry & find the quality good. I guess it really depends on personal taste & choice. Most of my jewelry is not branded but bought on the quality of the stones & karat of the gold.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice