Is everyone slowly losing their love for their Giant Works?

mischka

lovin' my bee!
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
:crybaby:

I have one, a Violet 07 SGH, and I :heart: it to pieces! It's the color and combination that drew me in to Balenciaga in the first place. I got it a long time ago and I still have it. Even if I don't use it as much as I do my other bags..I still can't make myself let go of the bag. It's just so special!:P

But lately, I've been coming across several TPF ladies who are disposing of their Giant Works. Are people slowly losing their love for the Giant Works?:sad:

I had a 07 Black SGH Work that I absolutely adored, the combination and leather were indescribable... and it killed me to get rid of it!! (This was some while ago.) I found that I just wasn't using it though, so there was no reason to keep it.

The Work style being a bit bigger, that the GH added just enough weight with a substantial amount of items that I couldn't carry what I wanted to carry in it... without it being a pain. (Literally.) So for me, as much as I love the look of SGH Works, RH Works are just what the best option is for me.

I still miss that bag though... :sweatdrop: That's the only one from my long list of items that I've parted with that I still think, "Oh, it would be nice if I still had this to grab with such & such outfit." Sigh. It wouldn't have been carried out of the house in the end though, so its probably best its at a new home...

I absolutely love the look but it's definitely a weight issue for me! I've sold all my gh bags. I thought about getting sanguine with gh after seeing a lovely pic someone here posted but I know it would probably just sit in the dustbag.

I absolutely love my anthra sgh work.. i havent been using any other bags apart from this right now. it has gone super smooshy and i love the look of it even more.. i have got used to the weight of it but sometimes it can get too heavy when i put too much

wow, i feel guilty after reading this thread... i am in the middle of letting go of my delicious 07 violet gsh work :crybaby: ... as much as i love the leather and color, i just don't think silver hardware is for me..... i'm going to use the funds to buy the raisin for fall...

whether u like silver or gold, i believe GGH is beautiful...RH is light and gorgeous, GGH's beauty is undeniable too...i guess a little getting use to the weight would be alright...for me, the price difference can make one feel the pinch.

frankie: what color is the raisin, you are getting RH?
if you dont like it, its fine to let go, but if u still like it, think again...

I'm an oldie lover, like Kat. I do like the way the GH photographs look, especially on the larger bags....but I really appreciate the feather weight of the RH bags. It's what made me fall in love with Bal in the first place. I guess I'm a lazy lover. :blush:

I just started wearing my most precious EB SGH Work bag & I love her to death, I have no problem with the weight, I love the size, the pop color & the leather is so soft & silky. It feels so good on your arms, I think she's a keeper.